lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD Solenoid

That's right - the day I quit learning will be my last. One silly customer thought I was hurt because Alltrax found a problem I didn't see. I was like, really? you're kidding me - we're all adults. I say Bravo to whoever finds a solution first everyday on this forum and we all take turns - there is no ego in tech support
Besides I got to meet with a new engineer today and learned something I could share with ya'll here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-solenoid.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2015, 06:04 PM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho View Post
I did not know that.You see, like I have allways said you learn something new everyday on this forum.
ya see little "EDIT" button at the bottom of your post after you have posted? go click on it and the edit box pops open, which looks just like the post box and edit anything you want.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:10 PM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That's right - the day I quit learning will be my last. One silly customer thought I was hurt because Alltrax found a problem I didn't see. I was like, really? you're kidding me - we're all adults. I say Bravo to whoever finds a solution first everyday on this forum and we all take turns - there is no ego in tech support
Besides I got to meet with a new engineer today and learned something I could share with ya'll here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-solenoid.html
Aint that the truth Scotty.....I mean after all.....we are not only here to get help at times, but to help others as well.....AND have a great time along the way as well.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:46 AM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

There are always two sides to a story. And ScottyB's new perm post http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1194784 is likely the "Other side of the story" that we didn't hear about.

There is a reason you need to buy a meter when you buy an electric cart. There is a reason to read directions.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
There are always two sides to a story. And ScottyB's new perm post http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1194784 is likely the "Other side of the story" that we didn't hear about.

There is a reason you need to buy a meter when you buy an electric cart. There is a reason to read directions.
To be fair this instruction was not readily available anywhere until we posted it on BGW yesterday. I sought the advice of a well known test engineer who was experienced in solenoid forensic science after taking a lot of abuse from one customer. The knowledge he imparted will be passed along in the standard solenoid install sheet.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:59 PM   #16
Bflanders5
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Have a couple Flukes, and currently have a 66 Chevelle in the garage with an LS3, that I installed, so you would think I know what a jam nut is?

Maybe I just caught Scotty on a bad day. But when you dont know what happen you cant really say a thing. Bottom line I guess Scotty and I have a different idea on how to warranty a defective product. Lets just leave it at that!
Bflanders5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflanders5 View Post
Have a couple Flukes, and currently have a 66 Chevelle in the garage with an LS3, that I installed, so you would think I know what a jam nut is?
I dunno. Back in the days of my youth (or was it youts?) I owned:
--'70 Cuda, 383 4-speed factory Hurst, 391 gears, no power steering, no power brakes, just power to the axel.
--'67 Chevy Chevelle. Just a 283....yet still bored 'n stroked with a 4 speed on 'Da floor.
--'66 Ford Fairline XL, 390 automatic. What a sleeper.
--'67 Chevy Impala convertible. Automatic. Not a racer.....but a chick magnet in the summer!! I installed a 4-BBL, headers, and Thrust if I recall. Sounded great....but no guts.

Now.....what's a jam nut??
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:29 PM   #18
Bflanders5
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I dunno. Back in the days of my youth (or was it youts?) I owned:
--'70 Cuda, 383 4-speed factory Hurst, 391 gears, no power steering, no power brakes, just power to the axel.
--'67 Chevy Chevelle. Just a 283....yet still bored 'n stroked with a 4 speed on 'Da floor.
--'66 Ford Fairline XL, 390 automatic. What a sleeper.
--'67 Chevy Impala convertible. Automatic. Not a racer.....but a chick magnet in the summer!! I installed a 4-BBL, headers, and Thrust if I recall. Sounded great....but no guts.

Now.....what's a jam nut??
Fair Enough!
Old 09-02-2015, 10:32 PM   #19
Bflanders5
Not Yet Wild

Oh and a jam nut is what is referred to in the PSA on solenoids.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:32 PM   #20
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you are still hunting, I can set you up with a guy who will get you one, and their warranty service is top notch.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO