lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2015, 11:01 PM   #11
mauimark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO 14v On Controller Solenoid

cgtech - I think you misunderstood - the resistor, in the end, made no difference whatsoever. It was the intermittent nature of the problem - and the unexpected voltage that had me looking at the resistor.

So the solenoid on this cart should read close to pack voltage on the controller-side terminal with no throttle, just the key on? What about if batteries are so-so? By so-so - I mean the pack gets an estimated 7+ miles with load in steep/mountainous terrain with 360 lbs of people on it. (I went 5 miles today with my son and think it probably had a couple more miles left on it when we brought it home...) - On steep hills for the last half of those miles today she works hard to go slow, but she goes!
mauimark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2015, 12:31 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZ-GO 14v On Controller Solenoid

The resistor is supposed to keep the controller "charged" up to nearly pack voltage, even with key off at rest pedal up. To see the controller voltage at 14v while at rest is not normal. Hey, if its working now, leave it be unless a problem recurs.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO