lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
Heinz
Not Yet Wild

Default 2cycle EZ GO doesn't want to start in reverse and changes direction

1987 2cycle EZ GO ďoesn't want to start in reverse most the time. It acts like it has a dead battery. It tries to turn over but won't even so its new. Turns over fine in forward. I have replaced the starter motor and F&R switch. Another thing it does: sometime when you stop and let it die, it will restart in reverse. Of course then it will start.
I am at a loss. So far I have replaced the battery, the starter motor and Forward / Reverse switch. I have checked all wires and all seems well.
I am open to suggestions. Thanks
Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2016, 05:47 PM   #2
Heinz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2cycle EZ GO doesn't want to start in reverse and changes direction

I just figured out part of it. When it won't turn over the belt is slipping on the starter pulley. That fixes half of it. Not sure it will fix part two.
Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
steelpenguin79
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2cycle EZ GO doesn't want to start in reverse and changes direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
I just figured out part of it. When it won't turn over the belt is slipping on the starter pulley. That fixes half of it. Not sure it will fix part two.

Is your timing to far advanced? You might have to retard the timing some.
steelpenguin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO