lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2022, 09:51 PM   #1
Jonzy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 ezgo txt creep

Need some help! Last year I bought the HD FWD/REV contractor for my 48 volt txt with an altrax spm600 controller and D&D high torque motor and have not had any problems with the cart till last week. I went on a short ride and the cart done good till I had to reverse to turn around (backed out of garage fine) and the cart will not disengage the contractor. With the key on and put switch in fwd it will close the contract and will only open when switch is moved to neutral or key is turned off, the go pedal has no effect on opening or closing the contractors. With the key on and in fwd or neutral the cart will creep fwd slowly. Has absolutely no reverse no click no nothing. Any suggestions on what to check first? First time poster hope I got it right. Thanks in advance!
Jonzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2022, 11:27 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 ezgo txt creep

Open the pedal box and check the pedal micro switch ASAP
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 07:32 PM   #3
Jonzy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2003 ezgo txt creep

I finally got a chance to do some troubleshooting this afternoon and started at the micro switch in the pedal box. The switch is opening and closing volt meter confirms it working as it should. So I went to tracing wires to the reverse side of the contact ohming the wires as I went and everything checked fine. Still no solenoid click on reverse. Got the idea to swap fwd wire at contact which is working fine to the reverse side of the contact and no click. I’ve eliminated a broken wire and any bad wire connection. Went even further to remove the FWD/REV contractor from the cart thinking that the contacts were welded. When I removed both tops they looked new now wear no tear they looked new! I hooked up power while disassembled and the reverse side isn’t engaging at all. I’m pretty confident that I’m needing a whole new FWD/REV contractor set. Pretty disappointed that it didn’t even last a year. Not sure if there is any kind of warranty on it or not. Is there a better option to replace it with or did I just get a bad part? Thanks
Jonzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO