lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2017, 08:47 PM   #21
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My Lithium Upgrade Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
I am certainly interested in going to Lithium batteries in the future but I have just bought my cart with new lead acid batteries which should last 4 years or so. By then I'm hopeful that Lithiums will be available more readily and at a more attractive price. Keep your stories coming as it makes great reading.
Ditto, my 160's are only two months old, so next time I will be looking real hard at the change over...especially if the price goes down...
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2017, 09:00 PM   #22
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I hope you are right, jesseasi but I'm not counting on that. Nissan Leafs in Arizona were a major flop due to the batteries degrading rapidly in the heat. There is lots of data out there about how they degrade and lose capacity over time and it is very temperature dependent. I'm a snowbird so my cart sits in my garage all summer and I leave my battery at "Storage Charge" which is about 3.8V per cell. That reduces the rate of degradation but doesn't stop it.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:17 PM   #23
steadystreamin
Not Yet Wild

Man I so want to do this. The weight reduction alone is appealing. Do you have aftermarket controller and motor?
steadystreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:44 PM   #24
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you guys all go Li, bet there's gonna be a flood of HD leaf springs on the market.
dundeebarnbuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #25
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadystreamin View Post
Man I so want to do this. The weight reduction alone is appealing. Do you have aftermarket controller and motor?
Everything in your cart can stays the same, the only difference is the power source. You can run all stock or you can upgrade motor and controller for more speed and torque.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #26
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Great setup. You are really going to enjoy those batteries. I have the 120ah pack, PQ Executioner Motor and 10.3 gears. The cart flies. I have installed seven of Nick's packs in carts at the club. Everyone loves them.
Here is a link to a Yamaha install with a 7 module pack
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rtex-body.html

Last edited by PingEye3; 01-19-2017 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: added info
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #27
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

What do you need in a li pack to get around 40-50 miles of cruising time?
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:38 PM   #28
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

The math for me dont work looks like a 5000 dollar upgrade correct me if im wrong i have older ds carts i have two i got 700 in both ready to run,they have used batteries but good enough for mhe.I cant see the. Advantage on my old carts for the cash.I can buy 6 6volt or 6 8 volt batteries for 600 if you do that 4 times in 20 years thats 2400.Times that for 2 carts 4800 by then these old carts be like me worn out.
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:32 PM   #29
jesseasi
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxyflash View Post
The math for me dont work looks like a 5000 dollar upgrade correct me if im wrong i have older ds carts i have two i got 700 in both ready to run,they have used batteries but good enough for mhe.I cant see the. Advantage on my old carts for the cash.I can buy 6 6volt or 6 8 volt batteries for 600 if you do that 4 times in 20 years thats 2400.Times that for 2 carts 4800 by then these old carts be like me worn out.
I think you can get into the 60ah setup for around $1500-1800 - depending on the charger you get, BMS system, etc.

The 120ah setup that I got (over kill) is probably gonna $2700 range.
jesseasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:20 PM   #30
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Whoa. There gonna have to come a lot down in price to make them attractive to me. You are talking 3 grand and a lot of change Canadian. Weight savings are nice but sometimes for a work cart you need to pull [and stop] something. Then weight is your friend.
dundeebarnbuggy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car