lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2017, 09:49 AM   #1
wdysf1500
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 EZGO Gas Robins Pulsar Issue

I have a 1995 EZGO gas that had no spark. I check all grounds and everything tested fine. I check the original pulsar and it tested at 20 ohms. I was getting .04 Volts AC voltage when cranking. I saw on several posts that it should test at about 200 ohms and produce .5 volts AC. I bought a new pulsar and it still tests 20 ohms and only produces .17 volts AC. I went down another avenue thinking maybe this was enough AC voltage and I had an igniter issue. I did the HEI conversion with an Aluminum plate etc (Autozone HEI 66944C). However, it will only produce 2 volts DC at coil. I have ran a separate ground wire to HEI bolts to make sure I have a good ground. I read some automotive articles that state that you have to have 1+Volts AC for HEI module to go to ground. I am totally stumped on where to go from here. I also tried a new coil for GM. I have tried a spark tester and spark plug and do not get a spark. I do get a very, very, very week spark with a screw driver less than 1/32" away from a ground. What am I missing here. I believe it is all related to the pulsar. I have moved the pulsar as close to the flywheel as possible to get the most AC voltage possible. Could it be flywheel related? I do not think the flywheel has magnets or anything. It just has a notch for pickup to trigger?
wdysf1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
catfish918
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 EZGO Gas Robins Pulsar Issue

I think this is what you have, is that right?
Attached Images
File Type: gif Pulsar.gif (4.7 KB, 0 views)
catfish918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:40 AM   #3
wdysf1500
Not Yet Wild

I wired it just like this. Electrical diagram is exactly what I have. I appreciate you looking at this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GM HEI 4 Stroke.JPG (57.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-06-2017, 11:04 AM   #4
catfish918
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: 1995 EZGO Gas Robins Pulsar Issue

On your diagram, the HEI module is in front of the coil. If you can measure the input and output of the HEI. Based on what you've said so far that module is bad. I noticed there are 2 micro switches MS3 and MS4, do you know what these switches are on? Maybe like a neutral safety switch. One of them is on your reverse warning light/buzzer.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #5
wdysf1500
Not Yet Wild

Yes, the HEI module is before the coil. In the diagram MS4 is the reverse buzzer and MS3 is the foot pedal micro switch. Do you think the AC Voltage and ohms of Pulsar is ok?
Old 04-06-2017, 11:41 AM   #6
catfish918
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdysf1500 View Post
Yes, the HEI module is before the coil. In the diagram MS4 is the reverse buzzer and MS3 is the foot pedal micro switch. Do you think the AC Voltage and ohms of Pulsar is ok?
No I don't, there is a component that is preventing the proper voltage. The resistance could be better but the thing that you should do is call the manufacturer about the resistance. The device would have to be out of the circuit in order to get an accurate measurement.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:09 PM   #7
wdysf1500
Not Yet Wild

I think I might see if they have a tester for the new HEI module I bought to verify it is OK before looking into buying another new pulsar. They are way too expensive!
Old 04-06-2017, 12:18 PM   #8
catfish918
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I think I might see if they have a tester for the new HEI module I bought to verify it is OK before looking into buying another new pulsar. They are way too expensive!
Good idea, when you read resistance the component has to be isolated from everything otherwise you can read something other than the intended device. I have been a tech most of my life, (35) years. However it's difficult for me to help you because I don't know exactly how and where you measured everything.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #9
catfish918
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I wired it just like this. Electrical diagram is exactly what I have. I appreciate you looking at this!
The way I read this, you will have 12+ volts at terminal B of the HEI which is reduced by the resistance (X) in the module. Terminal (g) It will go through the pulsar (charge and then discharge) back to HEI Terminal (W) and then to the coil and then to the plugs.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:36 PM   #10
catfish918
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Does your motor turn backwards when you crank it? I just noticed something that can be an issue.

Tags
hei, ignition, ignition coil, pulsar
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO