lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
jhix
Not Yet Wild

Default Intermittent complete - DOA -

Hi,

Troubleshooting a strange problem. 1998 GAS EZGO TXT.

On occasion, my cart will simply just quit. Can happen right in the middle of cruising around (drag strip pit vehicle).

Everything will go dead. Lights and radio too.

If I zap the battery with a charger, the cart will come back to life. Maybe be OK rest of the day, then simply shut off... zap it with the charger, and good to go again.

Battery charger read "weird" too when connected. When cart went dead it read near 2 volts (maybe I didn't get a good connection). Once I got cart going, everything was fine. Battery seemed to be taking a charge and regulator working within range.

Cart sat for about 4 days. I then took battery out and tested at WallyMart. They said it was OK...

Bought a new one anyway and will be putting in this weekend.

Just sending a note out to see if anyone else had run into something similar.

Not sure if the Solenoid in these things can cause a similar issue?

Thanks,

John

Last edited by jhix; 08-04-2017 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: sp
jhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2017, 05:13 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Intermittent complete - DOA -

Only similar issue I've had with random shut down is when the two wires on the solenoid small posts were pinched. Took me a long time to figure it out. I figured out when I bent the two wires a different direction, it allowed the cart to run without shutting down.
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO