lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
aditya369007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Voltage from ground of battery to the low side of MCOR

Hello All,

I have a 2011 precedent i2 excel with an MCOR type of potentiometric accelerator pedal. The current state of the cart is not running. In my attempts to find out whats wrong with the golf cart, I am using the repair manual that I found on the forums.

In the section of excel system troubleshooting Test Procedure 4 (MCOR voltage) step 2, it says that the voltage between the + side of the battery to the purple-white wire should be the full battery voltage. For me it is showing a voltage of 37~38V.

From my understanding the purple/white wire is the ground of the system so the voltage between that wire and the ground of the battery pack should be near about 0 V, but in my case its 11~12 V.

I am really stuck with my situation right now and I do not know how to proceed or to solve this issue.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

aditya369007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Voltage from ground of battery to the low side of MCOR

There are no grounded conductors on an electric golf cart. There is a B+ and a B-, neither of which is grounded to the frame like in a car.

You should not read any voltage + or - to the cart frame. If you do, there is a short in a wire or cable somewhere, or some component is just barely touching the frame somewhere.

It sounds like there is a break in a copper conductor which can only be found by systematically tracing the wires from the key switch to the MCOR following the proper schematic for your cart.

If you have a good digital voltmeter and insulation probes, it will make the job much easier. Connect the black lead to B- and probe the B+ wires with
the red lead.

This can be a daunting task. Take a lot of time and try not to rush it. You'll find the break or short eventually.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:03 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The strange reading you are getting may be your multi-meter.

If You are using a "Low Impedance" meter setting, like in a fluke "Auto" setting, the impedance is pretty low (around 3kΩ) and it will cause a reading error due to a resistor in the purple/white wire.

If it is a fluke, use the "DC Volts" setting instead instead of "Auto" which is a 10MΩ impedance.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #4
aditya369007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank You for your prompt reply to my issue. I will perform the steps that you have advised me and will update you with the results I have come up with.
aditya369007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mcor, precedent golf cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car