lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2017, 04:50 PM   #1
Marauder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Wish I knew club car as a company sucked this bad.

Wish I had known club car sucked as bad as they do as a company before I ponied up the extra money for a 2015 used precedent.

I thought I was doing good by buying newer and hopefully avoiding repairs so I could just spend money on upgrades. So I spend a chunk to buy Alltrax 500 amp controller, solenoid, cables, and new batteries.

The cart has a stutter and while looking at the throttle % on my laptop the thottle signal bounces around even when the pedal is pressed all the way to the floor.

So I am guessing mcor replacement which is fine. I know our vendors sell them and it isn’t the end of the world.

Reading on the Internet I see the mcor (pedal assembly) has a 4 year warranty. So I call my local dealer and they say if you weren’t the original purchaser you have no warranty. So I called club car to verify that was the case.

They came back after getting my serial and said that was correct. I asked why the company would just wipe their hands of the warranty just because ownership changed hands. This is a very expensive product after all. The guy said he wouldn’t argue with me and hung up on me.

I like the cart and I bet ezgo and the other companies may be the same way, but I still think it is a crappy policy.

If I had known stuff that would normally be under warranty would not because I bought used, (and especially considering it is only 2 years old) I would have either bought new or more likely would have bought older and spent less.
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2017, 05:04 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wish I knew club car as a company sucked this bad.

Unfortunately I think that "original owner" clause is a common warranty policy in many industries.

The "throttle changing while the pedal is down" may be similar to what I noticed and fixed in my pedal linkage.

Take a look at this post and add something to "shim" the pedal assembly so it squeezes the pedal arm track and prevents the pedal axle from moving.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1443813
Since You have an XCT, you can use the "Throttle Linearization" screen as explained to see the difference.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:25 PM   #3
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Don't buy a bow, or gun, or softball bat or . . . .
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:57 PM   #4
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

All the farm equipment companies I deal with, the warranty is fully transferable. But then, I don't own any Ingersoll Rand compressors or equipment.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:17 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sergio, are those two angle irons fastened in or are the just setting in the gap?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:58 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If it's a club car Precident, it needs an MCOR.
That is how the CC dealers live the high life...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:11 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Sergio, are those two angle irons fastened in or are the just setting in the gap?
Gravity is the only thing holding them down since they have no place to go.

Once I verified the throttle "Jitter" on my laptop screen, I removed the floor-mat to take a look at what could be done with the linkage.

I noticed the issue with the pedal free-play and decided to try something quickly since I had only allowed 30 minutes for the job before I was heading out with the cart.

It worked so well that I posted the results after I got back from the ball game.

If the throttle acts up again I will probably do something with a single wider shim.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car