lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2018, 07:15 AM   #1
larrybi
Not Yet Wild

Question doors

I have a 96 CC.....just wondering if anybody has ever tried to fabricate doors for a golf cart. Thinking doors would be nice in the winter when out hunting, to help keep some heat inside and some rain out. I have the normal golf cart cover but it doesn't want to stay on the cart when trailering down the road at 60 mph to different hunting spots and it doesn't have to be an air tight seal. Any information or ideas would be appreciated.
larrybi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2018, 01:03 PM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: doors

I don't recall seeing any threads but I can't imagine it would be overly difficult. Similar to the full soft Jeep Wrangler doors, make up a wire frame with 3/8" cold roll steel or something similar and have a a company that makes boat tops cover them and add a clear window. Basically make a soft Wrangler door the dimensions of a cart. Could probably get away with mounting the hinges on the front roof struts. However, I think any kind of rain curtains/fabric doors will have difficulty on the highway at 60mph.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:30 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

When I transport my cart I roll the curtains up. 70+ mph is no problem.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:12 PM   #4
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

I forget the name, etc. There is a company that makes enclosures with sliding doors for various carts. I believe they are mainly targeted at campus security use, etc.

I found it but it looks like it doesn't work on a DS. http://www.curtisindustries.net/club-car-golf-car/

I did find this one company. https://acegolfcartcovers.com/produc...iant=371287873

Here is an aluminum one. https://www.orangecountygolfcarts.com/cabs-enclosures
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:23 PM   #5
larrybi
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the replies....I think I'm gonna try and fabricate something and hinge from the front, maybe add a post from the floor to the roof with 1" alum. square about 4" back from the front roof support and hinge off that. thanks guys
larrybi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car