lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2018, 07:12 AM   #1
lee general
Not Yet Wild

Angry 2011 Club Car Precedent runs slow

My 2011 electric Club Car Precedent runs forward and reverse, but doesn't click into high speed going forward when I depress the accelerator to the floor.
OK. This is what I've done so far.....Bought all new batteries (48 volt) with a new smart Lester charger, bypassed the OBC, installed a new speed sensor and a new MCOR. I'm really stumped here! Anything you can recommend would be appreciated.
lee general is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #2
biphase
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2011 Club Car Precedent runs slow

Have you measured your max speed?
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:38 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Assumption is that your max forward speed is around 8mph with stock tires.

First make sure the entire speed sensor circuit is working right.

With the Tow/Run on RUN, the key OFF and FNR in any position, push the cart by hand.

The Motor should offer resistance to movement and after a couple of seconds of pushing the buzzer should sound.

If that is working, the other likely possibility is a stuck solenoid.

As the Contacts on the solenoid wear, they can form pits and grooves that work like velcro and keep the contacts closed after the solenoid coild has been de-energized.

That is referred to as a "welded solenoid".

It is kind of hard to measure the voltage on the solenoid on a 2011 Precedent due to its location, so You may want to measure it on the Green A1 cable at the motor.

The voltage measured at the Motor A1 (same as controller side of the solenoid) should be a few volts less than pack voltage, if it is the same, the solenoid contacts are "welded" and it is causing the Controller to run at 50% power or "limp mode".
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:51 AM   #4
lee general
Not Yet Wild

Thanx Sergio.... I've been away on business all week. When I get back home this weekend I'll run those tests! One question....what if I take the wires on the larger poles of the solenoid and put them together?
lee general is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:17 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you put those wires together it will definetely force the controller into a maximum of 50% power (limp mode).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car