lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2018, 05:04 AM   #1
brbenz
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Mounting Stereo in DoubleTake Sentry Dash

I really like this dash and want to keep the face plate section for just the key switch, rocker switches and meter. So my question is - has anyone installed a stereo in the back of the locking glove box, or know if it is even possible?
brbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2018, 05:53 AM   #2
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Mounting Stereo in DoubleTake Sentry Dash

Never installed a stereo in a golf cart. Too many great options with blue tooth speakers and a mobile device of some sort. And no concerns over the amount of battery drain while the cart isn't running or on the charger. Most decent bluetooth speakers will run ten or more hours on a charge.

If you need those huge automotive speakers you are likely to be obnoxious to someone else around you who doesn't share your tastes in music or volume. Not good....unless you are into that sort of thing.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:13 AM   #3
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you considered a Bluetooth amp instead of an actual radio? They are great. I never listen to terrestrial radio so the Bluetooth amp is actually better than a head unit for me since it has more power output in a single component (instead of head unit and amp). If you want to have an actual FM, radio they now make headunits without the CD player which are only about 2.5-3” deep and have a regular DIN size face plate. They look just like any other head unit but just don’t have the mechanicals for the CD player. There is also round marine radios about the size of a coffee mug that you might be able to find a spot on the dash to mount it so you have access to the station preset buttons. In any event, I’m sure there is room to put any one of the 3 options above somewhere behind the dash. My kenwood Bluetooth amp is about the size of a VHS cassette, and JL makes one that is even a bit smaller.

There are various threads about stereo installs, and everyone seems to have a different approach. Poke around on them to get some ideas as to what equipment is out there. Don’t be afraid to think outside of the box either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #4
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Google Schosche under dash mount. Can screw to roof of glove box and stereo slides in etc etc. With stereo head unit you can get radio, blue tooth, charging port for phone, and hands free calling option.
With Bluetooth speaker install is easier but less options to tweak sound EQ etc. etc.

Both have pros and cons.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #5
brbenz
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply's. I guess that I should have posted a picture to help everyone out. I just purchased this dash and already have the stereo and speakers are already mounted behind the seat. This is a golfers cart and we play music at a respectable level when on the course.

I am replacing the existing dash that the stereo was originally mounted in with the sentry dash to give me more storage and allow better access to the side storage areas. All of the pictures that I have seen has the stereo mounted on the face. The attached picture shows that, but also shows the open area to the back of the "glove box" where I actually want to mount the stereo.

I was hoping that someone on here has already tried this before I start cuting into it. If I did not already have the stereo and speakers, I would absolutely have looked into a bluetooth speaker, and still may end up going that route if this does not work out the way that I had hoped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0463_700x525.JPG (152.2 KB, 0 views)
brbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:18 PM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brbenz View Post
Thanks for the reply's. I guess that I should have posted a picture to help everyone out. I just purchased this dash and already have the stereo and speakers are already mounted behind the seat. This is a golfers cart and we play music at a respectable level when on the course.

I am replacing the existing dash that the stereo was originally mounted in with the sentry dash to give me more storage and allow better access to the side storage areas. All of the pictures that I have seen has the stereo mounted on the face. The attached picture shows that, but also shows the open area to the back of the "glove box" where I actually want to mount the stereo.

I was hoping that someone on here has already tried this before I start cuting into it. If I did not already have the stereo and speakers, I would absolutely have looked into a bluetooth speaker, and still may end up going that route if this does not work out the way that I had hoped.
Google the mount I told you about. It can work for you.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car