lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #1
foodplot
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default V-Glide works only at specific pedal position

Hi, I recently put back together a 1999 Club Car cart that I purchased. The previous owner stripped it down to the frame but stopped the project. I wired it back up using the online schematics. He said it ran good when he had it.

The problem I have is that it will run in forward or reverse, but only when the V-glide main sliding copper contact arm terminal is between the last two square copper contacts (almost WOT). If I move it to the last contact it will not run, or any other contact. It has to be on the final two at the same time. I have verified that it is contacting all of them properly and they are in great shape without pits, etc. I have not checked the resistors yet with a VOM but nothing looks burnt and I didn't think all would be bad at one time or that if one was bad it would not work in the other positions.
foodplot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2018, 06:55 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: V-Glide works only at specific pedal position

Check the frequency output of the V-Glide with a multimeter. Set meter to 20k ohms. Probe the white wire and the yellow wire coming out of the V-Glide. You're looking for 5000 - 0 ohms from no throttle to full throttle. If it's out of range, replace the V-Glide with an AM293201 MCOR4 conversion kit.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:35 PM   #3
foodplot
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: V-Glide works only at specific pedal position

Thanks for the reply TahoeDawg. I did not get any readings on my sweep, and then noticed the last resistor near WOT was broken. That seems to make sense why I only got a connection between the last two copper blocks. (the last block has the white with black striped wire on it, and the next to last had good resistors up to that point). I checked the resistor values and they are as follows.

broken resistor

I will get another resistor and see if this corrects the problem
Old 10-01-2018, 05:31 PM   #4
foodplot
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile Re: V-Glide works only at specific pedal position

****UPDATE****

So I replaced the broken resistor with a new one an that fixed the problem. The cart runs fine now.
Hope this helps someone else who may have the similar no-go issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car