lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2020, 09:29 AM   #1
7Th_son_of_a_7TH_son
Not Yet Wild

Default Robins Engine in my EZGO

So, I have an EZGO gas cart - it was given to me, so not much is known about the cart. I know that it will not charge the batteries - Year of Cart is unknown - year of motor is unknown ( I was told the motor has been replaced) Its a Robins 295 2 cylinder motor. I have changed the Voltage Regulator - no change - I did the Solenoid as it was rusted out, but still worked. So the Starter generator works, it will operate the cart until the battery gives out. So I bought another Starter off roughly what the Year/Make/Model of the Cart.. it bolted up fine, but would only spin the motor with help from me manually turning the pulley (Keep in mind the original starter would turn it over with no problems) but once the motor is running it still would not charge the battery - verified by meter. Its roughly charging 12.80 volts steady at W.O.T. But again, it will not turn the motor over unless helped. At this point I thought the motor had issues So, i swapped back to the original starter and it fired right up. But, still will not charge battery. Any help would be appreciated.
7Th_son_of_a_7TH_son is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2020, 02:51 PM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Robins Engine in my EZGO

Welcome to the forum.If you haven't already I would check & clean ALL ground points of your cables & wires,it should be charging around 14.7 or so volts @ W.O.T.Also if you replaced the regulator with a Chinese aftermarket it could be defective from the get go.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO