lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2021, 08:32 AM   #1
luthert
Not Yet Wild

Smile 2002 EZGO 36v Series

Hey guys! New member here and wanted to get some feed back. I am looking at building a cart. It is currently lifted on 20” tires and 10” wheels. The batteries are less than a year old, controller is stock and so is the motor. I saw where it is common for these carts to be super slow going up hills. I am trying to find out whether doing a controller swap or a motor swap would get me the speed up the hills I am looking for. The normal cruising speed now is fine just up the hills is like walking speed. Cannot do both controller and motor now financially.
luthert is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2021, 08:41 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2002 EZGO 36v Series

In my opinion you should start with an Alltrax controller upgrade..you can program it for more torque which its sounds like your looking for and the stock motor will work fine for a while till you save up for that upgrade also. Keep in mind if you upgrade the controller you need to upgrade to at least 4 gauge wiring also or you will starts melting the other components. Hope that helps and to BGW! P.S.- Your best bet for a controller upgrade is to click on the site sponsors at the top of the page and click on Carts Unlimited - The owner is ScottyB and is on the forum often to help with any tech questions
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO