lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2022, 09:12 AM   #1
Cougarcruiser
Not Yet Wild

Default Ez Go seatbelts?

I would like to add some seat belts to my Express L6 Elite. Who would have the best kit(s) for the 3 rows? Should I try and stay OEM, or is there a better aftermarket?
Cougarcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2022, 11:00 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez Go seatbelts?

I bought a generic set for the rear seat a while back but my set has had the internals get rusty so the seat belts don't always work and they weren't retractable.

I just ordered another set for the rear that are retractable. If they last another 4 years like the last ones did that's OK because it was easy to install and cheap but I hope that my new set will last longer.

The non-retractable ones are a pain, they get in the way, they can flop off the side of the cart and then jingle as they bounce along the tire, etc.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:34 AM   #3
Cougarcruiser
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
I bought a generic set for the rear seat a while back but my set has had the internals get rusty so the seat belts don't always work and they weren't retractable.

I just ordered another set for the rear that are retractable. If they last another 4 years like the last ones did that's OK because it was easy to install and cheap but I hope that my new set will last longer.

The non-retractable ones are a pain, they get in the way, they can flop off the side of the cart and then jingle as they bounce along the tire, etc.

Recommendations on the brand/store for the retractable one's?
Cougarcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:39 AM   #4
travis_24018
Not Yet Wild

I have a S4 and got the EZ go ones for the rear and then aftermarket (Amazon I think) for the front passenger. They all work about the same IMO. When the belt gets a little wrinkle or fold it gets hard to retract and you have to guide it back in. Still work though and wouldn't let anyone sit in the back without them!
travis_24018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:30 AM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarcruiser View Post
Recommendations on the brand/store for the retractable one's?
I just took a stab at the cheap ones on Amazon. Specifically, here are the ones I got: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3DCKWTZ...roduct_details

That doesn't mean they're any good... So far they're great! But I put them on the cart last night, meaning "so far" doesn't cover an awful lot of time.

They went on easily enough. I just bolted them to the uprights that hold the roof on. These seat belts come with bolts but they aren't long enough to go through the roof uprights so you will need two nylock nuts, two bolts and 4 washers. The two parts of the seat belt will look too close, but in reality it is not an issue and works just fine.

$0.02
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO