lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2022, 06:11 PM   #21
Jack Daniels
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: BMS short circuit with Extreme Team and Navitas 600

I guess I have the exact same problem with my Extreme Team battery but with a Navitas 440. I first had this issue in July. After the same poor communication they finally had me send in the battery, said nothing was wrong with it and got it back to me in September. Well I got the battery back in and I have a short circuit in the DisMos once again. When I plug the charger in the short circuit goes away but once it’s unplugged it goes back to short circuit. Any idea how I can reset this?
Jack Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2022, 07:05 PM   #22
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

It's not a short circuit. Your Discharge Mosfets (DisMos) have been turned off because your BMS believes that your battery cells need protection. First thing to do is to see if they are really in a protection state or if you have a faulty BMS.

Just confirming, the discharge mosfets are being turned off as soon as you unplug the charger, not once you start using the cart.

Are you able to see the individual cell voltages from the app? If so, what are they. Also, what is the total pack voltage.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 09:46 AM   #23
Jack Daniels
Not Yet Wild

That is correct. With no charger connected the app shows short circuit and the whole battery and cart is a brick. Plug the charger in and it says on, the LED on the battery comes back on, everything looks normal. Unplug the charger and it immediately says short circuit again, which I guess is DisMos "off".

Total pack voltage is showing 53.9V and each cell is about 3.368V.
Old 11-04-2022, 11:24 AM   #24
Davids29
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
I was unaware that your battery can supply 600A for 10 seconds. That's a huge amount of current. Two things here then, The controller needs to be dialled down as already suggested, or there is a problem with the battery and it is tripping at a lower current than 600A. As Volt_Ampare suggested, reach out to Navitas who might be able to help.

Walter, the BMS is integrated in the battery and sold as a unit. If it is advertised as a 600A peak battery then the BMS should be able to handle the current.

Cheers
Pat.
See my other thread, Are Battery manufacturers just making up numbers?
Davids29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 09:05 PM   #25
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Join the Facebook group "Golf Carts Modified" then search Extreme Team and/or ET. You will find a lot of folks with issues with their POS BMS. I am on my second one from them and knock on wood so far so good...
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:59 PM   #26
Jack Daniels
Not Yet Wild

Putting it on the charger didn’t reset the BMS but unhooking everything from the battery did. Explains why the batter worked perfectly once it got back to Florida a few months ago. What do I need to change to keep this from happening?
Old 11-05-2022, 05:18 PM   #27
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Looks like a new BMS is in order.
Old 11-05-2022, 05:19 PM   #28
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids29 View Post
See my other thread, Are Battery manufacturers just making up numbers?
Possibly, but unlikely from the more reputable suppliers as those numbers are being used by customers to best match a battery to their requirements. If they are fudged then the battery will not perform.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:17 AM   #29
Davids29
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Possibly, but unlikely from the more reputable suppliers as those numbers are being used by customers to best match a battery to their requirements. If they are fudged then the battery will not perform.
But the batteries are not performing...

The main topic of the other thread: No cell manufacturers have cells that match, or are even close, the specifications that battery box manufacturers (Eco Power, Roy Pow, Extreme Team, Etc) are putting on their specs...
Davids29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 02:40 PM   #30
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Most of them ARE performing.

It may have been the case that no cell manufacturer HAD the cells that perform but only in the last 12 months manufacturers have released 3C and even 5C LiFePO4 cells.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car