lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2022, 09:57 AM   #11
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Gonna sell my Chevy Volt setup

I always appreciate (and learn something) from your posts! I will quickly admit to being light years behind you in this stuff (the saying about having an intelligent battle with an unarmed man certainly applies to me here!).

The guy that I bought my batteries from was very helpful in answering all of my questions and providing info, but he has gone dark (it has been a couple of years, and he was 84 at the time that I bought them from him). I did not feel like there were any viable drop ins back then either, which is what set me on the path to build my own. I saw a lot of conversions with Leaf packs but could not find anything decent at the time (maybe I was in too much of a hurry then?). I never felt the need for anything more from the Volt packs, and was happy with them in the cart (and I will admit, a little bit proud to pop the seat and show them off!).

In the end, I am 100% happy that I did the Volt conversion, and did it right (thanks to many on here, Sergio being absolutely awesome at the time in general). I went with a Lester Summit II battery which would not work initially I learned, and then met another guy on here that was able to get me a Schauer custom built for my packs. I never felt uncomfortable or compromised with the system (I actually built this cart for my wife, so it had to be safe).

Thank you again for all of your help and insight. I love to learn new stuff, especially when it is out of my comfort range! I am super excited to have the Eco Battery instead now and look forward to learning more about it and how it performs-I am on to the next chapter!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2022, 11:00 AM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I agree that drop-in's are the way to go for 99% of the golf cart users out there. Many of my golfing buddies have done that in the past couple of years. The new lithium powered carts are getting popular here too.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 07:19 PM   #13
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the batteries are over 2 years old how come they only got 2 hrs use? Don't you drive it?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 08:04 PM   #14
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't/didn't. I built it right before I left California (May of 2021) and then packed it off to Utah; it's been sitting in the back of the garage at the rental while we build our house. E-bikes, side by side and motorcycles are all in front of it (and they do not get used either!). Was hoping to be in the new place (and using these things) by Christmas but looks like we are gonna miss that date :(

I build swimming pools (have 114 going currently) and then build my house on the weekends; just no time for any of this right now :( Hoping that will all change around the first of the year though!!
Old 11-27-2022, 10:32 AM   #15
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

And just like that they are off to California to start a new life. Congrats to the new owner; I know you will get many (s)miles out of them!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car