lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2022, 08:48 PM   #21
mtollin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Dumb Lithium question - Why some very low Prices?

So, I got my 1st response back, and guess a lot got lost in translation. I'm guessing even though they have US inventory, all sale/svc come from China. The sent me specs, manual and pics of a completely different battery. I wrote back and sent them link to battery and well see how they respond this time. Asked for number of cells, type, new-used-refurb plus compatible chargers, meters, and a user manual.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2022, 09:38 PM   #22
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I would like to know how many cells. Some drop-ins only use 14 cells which gives you a significantly lower voltage than 16 cells.
14 cells of lifepo4 is 44v nominal... Ive only seen 14 cell lipo or NMC packs advertised as 48v myself since they give you 51.8v nominal at 3.7v per cell (4.2v peak when charged)
being that Docan only sells 3.2v lifepo4 based batteries I think its a safe assumption its a lifepo4 pack and actually 48v.. infact most lifepo4 48v packs are actually 51v volts when down to 20% (3.2v per cell ) when they should be charged and 58.4v when fully charged (3.65v). this is one of the reasons they are touted as being such an improvement in power. you can take pifepo4 cells down as far as 2.5v without damage ive read but its not ideal for lifespan of the cells.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 09:56 PM   #23
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Specs from the link you provided. Says 16s
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0F4B7362-9003-4696-867E-B398848C7923.jpg (27.9 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 10:03 PM   #24
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That's good that it's 16S.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 10:04 PM   #25
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Specs from the link you provided. Says 16s
I saw that too afterwards... also see the correct voltage for 16 (or 32) lifepo4 cells stated at 44 to 58.4 (44 being at 2.75v per cell and like 10% reserve)

if they used 14 lipo or nmc cells the max fully charged pack would be 58.8 as well as the charger voltage to match.. this is why lifepo4 48v chargers are 58.4v and nmc are 58.8 typically.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:07 PM   #26
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Really the specs don’t look bad at all on that battery, assuming they’re not inflated to make it look better than it is. 180 amp discharge (assuming this is constant not peak) looks pretty decent too.

But then again with China who really knows for sure if what you’re getting is what was advertised…
Old 11-09-2022, 10:12 PM   #27
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Really the specs don’t look bad at all on that battery, assuming they’re not inflated to make it look better than it is. 180 amp discharge (assuming this is constant not peak) looks pretty decent too.

But then again with China who really knows for sure if what you’re getting is what was advertised…
Many of these are shipping from Docans Texas warehouse although this one shows no US stock so its about $1500 shipped to NY for me...

Like I mentioned earlier Docan has a pretty solid reputation in the DIY lifepo and solar community forums. my 230ah cells I got from them actually exceeded their 230ah rating.
For the cost they are a good vendor compared to others like sunfunkits which charge quite a bit more. even Will the founder of diysolarforum.com recommends them https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/

https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/ra...eals-page.html

BTW Will was the one who turned me on to the idea of a lithium solar powered cart. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x838bkVWLYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvo6y1fg_y4
Old 11-09-2022, 10:20 PM   #28
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’m not knocking them, just posing the question because they don’t specify any details on the cells really. But as I said the specs look promising especially for the price.

I’d just want more detail before dropping $1500 bucks though. It does appear to specify BYD brand cells, which would be a good thing. They do make quality stuff and are an absolutely huge company. It also doesn’t specify anything on warranty as far as I can tell. Doesn’t mean there isn’t one, they just don’t advertise it which I find a little strange.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:22 PM   #29
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
I’m not knocking them, just posing the question because they don’t specify any details on the cells really. But as I said the specs look promising especially for the price.

I’d just want more detail before dropping $1500 bucks though. It does appear to specify BYD brand cells, which would be a good thing. They do make quality stuff and are an absolutely huge company. It also doesn’t specify anything on warranty as far as I can tell. Doesn’t mean there isn’t one, they just don’t advertise it which I find a little strange.
but do others like big battery or eco talk about and advertise the cells they use? I think you have a good point with the warranty, they typically warranty thier batteries for 3 years to produce at least 80% of its rating which isnt the greatest but also not the worst either considering the cost savings.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:31 PM   #30
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

As said I’m not knocking it. It appears to be a solid battery.

I personally went with allied. Not because of the cells or the specs, I actually found it difficult to try and get any specs out of allied customer service. They are pretty tight lipped, but I went with that option anyway because of the warranty, because they’re the same size as the batteries I removed so dropped right into my battery tray and use the stock tie downs, and because of the store I bought them from (plowmans) is like 15 minutes from my house. I know Don runs a stand-up operation and if I ever were to have issues with them (which I haven’t) I’d have no problems with support from him. That to me is worth the extra $.

But, ordering something from overseas, knowing how “wonderful” it can be trying to get support through the language barrier and etc. (I’ve worked with many Chinese suppliers over the last decade through work and know that battle well) I’d have to have more info before pulling that trigger. Again, not knocking the product and not insulting you or anything of the sort, it looks like a solid option. I’d give it some real thought if I already didn’t have my electric cart set up and my other cart is gas with a tractor supply battery, it works just fine
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car