lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2022, 01:04 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Best quality 48 volt meter gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenks View Post
FLA Batteries.
As augie said, any voltage readout will work just fine. I’d just familiarize yourself with the SOC chart so you know where you’re at.

The bar graphs are worthless. A rough guesstimate at best. Voltage doesn’t lie.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2022, 01:05 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Horrible reviews on this one though.
I just picked one at random. I’ve used several like that and never had a problem. The main point was just get something with a voltage readout
Old 12-07-2022, 01:05 PM   #13
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Thx!!
Trenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 01:08 PM   #14
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Horrible reviews on this one though.
you have to take the reviews with a grain of salt , especially of very inexpensive stuff where people are just more careless with installation and quicker to blame the product. I have about 8 of those digital readout volt gauges just like that in both blue and red and they all worked very well for years in my old solar power setup in my camper.

the volt meters are much easier to install with less margin for issues than the shunt style meters.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 01:09 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
you have to take the reviews with a grain of salt , especially of very inexpensive stuff where people are just more careless with installation. I have about 8 of those digital readout volt gauges just like that in both blue and red and they all worked very well for years in my old solar power setup in my camper.

the volt meters are much easier to install with less margin for issues than the shunt style meters.
Aside from that, I’m 99% sure pretty much all of them regardless of “brand” are the exact same thing made by the exact same supplier in China. So the ones with “great” reviews are likely the exact same part as the ones with “horrible” reviews. Grain of salt

For $7 you can’t really go wrong.
Old 12-07-2022, 01:12 PM   #16
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

nevermind I had one to link but missed it was AC

this ones kinda neat. https://www.ebay.com/itm/19487218793...Bk9SR4jb69ydYQ

might not work with 48v if the top voltage really is 48 though
Old 12-07-2022, 01:32 PM   #17
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Aside from that, I’m 99% sure pretty much all of them regardless of “brand” are the exact same thing made by the exact same supplier in China. So the ones with “great” reviews are likely the exact same part as the ones with “horrible” reviews. Grain of salt

For $7 you can’t really go wrong.
I'm finding the reviews on Amazon are nonsense. I always look at the Negative reviews first. I have been beat a few times on Amazon with inferior quality even with Positive reviews. Buyer Beware LOL
Old 12-07-2022, 01:40 PM   #18
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
I'm finding the reviews on Amazon are nonsense. I always look at the Negative reviews first. I have been beat a few times on Amazon with inferior quality even with Positive reviews. Buyer Beware LOL
And then there are even those that try to blackmail sellers with negative reviews. Same type of people that order steak and complain about how its cooked regardless to get $$ off thier bill. Sad but they exist.
It doesnt help that amazon sometimes groups different products with one set of reviews when thiers an "option" and sometimes its a completely different product.
Many dont followup if the product fails in short order either. I typically wait a bit before reviewing my purchases for this reason.
Old 12-07-2022, 01:42 PM   #19
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
And then there are even those that try to blackmail sellers with negative reviews. Same type of people that order steak and complain about how its cooked regardless to get $$ off thier bill. Sad but they exist.
It doesnt help that amazon sometimes groups different products with one set of reviews when thiers an "option" and sometimes its a completely different product.
Many dont followup if the product fails in short order either. I typically wait a bit before reviewing my purchases for this reason.
Very True!!
Old 12-07-2022, 03:14 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’ve used a couple of these also. Work pretty well and you can set what you want top and bottom voltage to be, and the bar graph is actually pretty accurate at calculating SOC between your top and bottom voltage.

Down side is it has to be connected straight to the pack. If you run it through the key switch, it forgets your settings every time you turn the key off. I like the regular voltage gauges for this reason, I like it to shut off with the key. But it did work well in the carts I’ve used it in. Think I have a couple of these (and the voltage gauge ones) in one of my toolbox drawers. Right next to the allied meter that came with my batteries

Battery Meter, DROK 48V Digital Battery Remaining Capacity Percentage Level Voltage Temperature Monitor Tester, 10-100V 12V 36V 24V 48Volt Electric Boat Battery Power Analyzer https://a.co/d/8sZDaMK
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car