lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #21
xdamxincx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: suspension questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig tn View Post
I think a new stock set of king pins and bushings will work. I think they cut the spindle mount off the original a arm and welded to the new ones.

https://www.onlinecatalogsystem.net/...orToys/349.htm
wow 45 bucks for a set of king pins.. im pullin out the welder .
xdamxincx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #22
crash12888
Gone Crazy

what ya gonna do with the welder?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #23
xdamxincx
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
what ya gonna do with the welder?
i was thinking welding some thick washer on the underneath part were the pins go in .. or making a new bushing somehow.. who knows what i will rig.. dont care its a muddin toy so ima redneck it .

u got any ideas ?
Old 05-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #24
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I would think washers are not going to give you the surface area needed to support the lateral load of the kingpin/bushings and will actually cut them in half in no time.

If you have a welder how about weld the worn holes closed solid, grind it smooth and redrill it for the bushings?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #25
xdamxincx
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
I would think washers are not going to give you the surface area needed to support the lateral load of the kingpin/bushings and will actually cut them in half in no time.

If you have a welder how about weld the worn holes closed solid, grind it smooth and redrill it for the bushings?
I was thinking that but the washers i have are the same gauge metal as the c channel metal there .. i might just drill the hole bigger and insert some pretty thick tubing that im going to cut into small sections, they will be the new bushing. and im thinking that i can pack more grease in it that way.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha