lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
krimepays
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Exclamation A few G9 questions for the masters!

Ok try to get them all in one post any help will be greatly appreciated!

1) I am getting oil out of the vent that comes from the valve cover and oil level reads normal on the dipstick any Ideas?

2) also I am getting oil out of the rear end vent ...also any ideas?

3) getting a clicking noise almost sounds like lifted tick (valves are adjusted) at high rpms low through mid I have nothing but at high it is a pretty loud tick even in nuetral?

4) the governer had been removed the shaft is still there and before I realized everything else was missing I bought a speed spring how hard would it be to put gov back in service only thing there is the shaft that comes out of rear dif and a few brackets?
krimepays is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: A few G9 questions for the masters!

Make sure you have 1 quart of oil in it. The dip sticks were mis-marked from the factory. Set valve lash at .004 cold at TDC.

TheNewGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

4) the governer had been removed the shaft is still there and before I realized everything else was missing I bought a speed spring how hard would it be to put gov back in service only thing there is the shaft that comes out of rear dif and a few brackets?

Sounds like you are only missing a cable from the gov to the carb. Pull up a parts diagram on the Yamaha parts stickie to make sure. I'm sure there are a few replacements available here from those who have bypassed theirs if you advertise for one....
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
krimepays
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the replies the shaft coming out of the rear diff is just the shaft is there an arm that is supposed to be attached?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimepays View Post
Thanks for the replies the shaft coming out of the rear diff is just the shaft is there an arm that is supposed to be attached?
Yes, there is a spring-loaded bracket that attaches, this is where your new speed spring goes. Look up a parts diagram here and see what else you need........
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
krimepays
Getting Wild

Yamaha

any ideas on the clicking? I am getting ready to take this cart out to havasu about a 4 hr drive so I would like to try to fix it before I take it
Old 04-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #7
bob-n-holly
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i have the parts to put you speed limiter back togather pm me if you want them have cable and all
bob-n-holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
rkggoodman
Not Yet Wild

souds like an over haul comming,blowing oil is never good, yr rings are starting to go,try synthetic oil,
clicking -valve adj .004 in both at tdc,
change rear end fluid use 80 90w no matter what any one says
by running with out the govner,this will hurt the engine, i blew 2 up doing this,the balancer shaft will tear up the aluminium case and a cliking or vibration will be noticed, rebuild now befor its to late, not hard at all
rkggoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha