lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
squijo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2001 EZ-GO TXT will only idle? Fuel Pump?

So I just bought a 2001 TXT and the only mods I have done were put my 10" Tempest wheels on it and a secondary clutch spring in it for climbing hills. IT ran fine till the other day when you press down on the gas pedal and it would only idle. Like when you jump in your cart when it is cold. Just turns over. Nothing happens when you pull the choke either. So investigating in the middle of the golf course my first thought was that it wasn't getting enough fuel. So I pulled the line from the tank to the pump. Made sure it was clear. Then the line from the pump to the carb. I did not pull the vacuum line as I had no tools on me at the time to undo the screw clamp. Other than that my only other idea is the valves are in need of readjusting but I am still leaning towards the fuel pump. The problem being that there is no parts dealer in my area to get one. Closest place is over 2 hrs away and they need to order one in and I have found them online but shipping is more than the pump. I was thinking of stealing the pump from my Yamaha G2 just to see if maybe that was the issue but not sure if that would really tell me being the hose sizes are different.

Any ideas?
squijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
squijo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 EZ-GO TXT will only idle? Fuel Pump?

I pulled the fuel pump off and took it apart. I also changed out the vacuum hose with a brand new 1/4 rubber hose and put it all back together. Gave it a little choke and roar went the engine. I kept it floored for a few moments and shut it off. Gave it a few minutes and turned it back on and stepped on the gas again and revved up no problem. Took it for a little spin and worked just fine. Hopefully it was just a bad vacuum line is all.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
squijo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So took the cart out today and it ran amazing. It was real fast and had no issues, till the 8th hole where the same problem occurred. Great. So got it pushed back to storage and it came back to life again but I didn't want to risk it again. So I am going to try replacing the fuel pump next. I hope that is the issue cause I am getting tired of getting pushed back to the storage area. It gets embarrassing after awhile.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 AM   #4
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The needle could be getting stuck in the carb. The next time you have the problem tap on the carb and see if it will run. My cart does the same thing now and then.
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

The fuel system consists of more than the fuel pump. or carb, or tank,
It is a multipart system that relies on each other to work properly.
When you rebuild a carb and find trash, think of the source, fuel pump. but what feeds that? the tank.
The whole system should be drained and cleaned to remove all trash in it.
I also suggest to people with fuel related issues to go home and check the gas can they fill the cart with!
Why clean a carb and then fill it back up with trash from the tank?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
probablecause
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardonite View Post
The needle could be getting stuck in the carb. The next time you have the problem tap on the carb and see if it will run. My cart does the same thing now and then.
Thanks. Did it and mine fired right back up. Although a carb cleaning would not be a bad idea for mine.
probablecause is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO