lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Cart broke down last night...

So it's getting kind of late, but I'm not tired at all.I decided I'd go for a nice late night putter along the dirt roads on the mountain.I get to a road called squirrel lane, and I am about to turn around before I get to the main asphalt road and the cart just up and dies on me.I get in the milk crate in the back, and of course my flashlight is gone.So I'm flicking my Bic underneath the seat and I find a loose wire.The Bic is getting hot so I have no choice but to hoof it back home, about a quarter mile, and get a light.

Then I thought, if I walk all the way back and I can't get it going, I'm going to be unhappy.So I have this old Ford Ranger that I use up on the mountain for firewood and other such stuff.It's not road legal though and at this point, the cart is pointing towards the road and there's no other way to get to it than to go on the asphalt to the outlet of squirrel lane.So hell with it.I get some heavy bull rope, throw it in the truck and get down there.I back up nice and close to the cart and cinch that sucker right up to the rear bumper of the Ford, lifting the front tires of the cart in the process.

I crept along the road in four low at about 3 miles per hour, and that was the most nerve wracking ride I've had in a long time.The cart towed just fine, but I was expecting at any moment to see the red and blue lights come on behind me.No insurance/registration/inspection on the Ford.Plus I had a six pack in the Cart and I drank three of them.Thankfully I made it back to the dirt with no problems, and I'm pretty sure that had I got stopped, I know most of the local boys here.They'd have probably let me go with it since I was going such a short distance and my lights did in fact work on the truck, and I had the lights on on the cart as well.

Today I checked the cart out and the wire fell off from my HEI.Hooked it back up after pinching the spade connector with some pliers so it's on good and tight now.I think I'll go over the rest of them as well.

Moral:
Check those **** spade connectors.They like to get loose.Make sure before leaving that your tools/flashlight are in fact on the cart.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
firecart1
Getting Wild

Default Re: Cart broke down last night...

A great story that will be told around the campfires for generations to come!! Electrical problems suck!!
firecart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO