lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
stevegoff
Not Yet Wild

Default Governor Nut All The Way In With Yamaha Speed Sring

I know some of you are going to say just bypass the governor but i don't want to do that just yet. I recently installed a Yamaha speed spring and have the governor nut 75% turned in. Is it safe to run it all the way in with the speed spring installed. My cart is pretty much stock and i was at 18mph before spring and am at 22mph now both on same gps.
stevegoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Governor Nut All The Way In With Yamaha Speed Sring

I have read time and time again on forums about this topic. Everyone seems to be fine with the governor all the way in and the speed spring just as long as you don't have it wide open for very long periods of time. On the other hand read where people have been wide open for miles at a time with no issues. Also users are changing to a full synthetic oil for added engine protection. I will find out soon enough about this setup being that my speed spring and new belt wil be installed this week on my 09 g29.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
stevegoff
Not Yet Wild

I just changed over to full synthetic oil this morning. Thanks for the reply
stevegoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here's something to consider. Adding the stiffer spring and cranking down on the governor nut puts a bit more stress on the governor shaft. I've been told that this can cause premature failure of the shaft or the internals of the governor, which leaves you with pieces of metal running around inside the rear axle.

For what it's worth IMHO, if you want to restrict the governor that much, you might as well just bypass it.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha