lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
Just Ducky
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Question Price Check!

Hi guys and gals,

I have been away a while due to some really bad stuff going on in my life, but I'll leave that at the door.

My question is this. While I was occupied with other things did the price of Yamaha G1s go through the roof?

There are two advertised on my local Craig's List right now and both are in bad shape. The prices,....one is $600.00 and the other $799.00.

Now, I know that things are going up in price, but has anyone seen these kind of prices in their area? These two are really in embarrassing condition and one is being offered by a dealer.

If this is the going rate I might just offer up my G1 for $800.00.

If that weren't bad enough read this brilliant description. "ez go kart missing carb and several other small parts. motor runs nice chassis call with questions" It's yours for a mere $850.00! What you get to see in the picture that's included in this ad is a cart with no seats, a wheel that came from somewhere, and a rattle can paint job.

If this is normal now I guess I'll start searching yards to make some big money.
Just Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Price Check!

Yamaha G1 2 stroke 330cc fast gas golf cart - $3800 Port Richey, FL

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/for/3669208417.html

here is some florida carts i found for ya
$1000 leesburg fl
http://ocala.craigslist.org/for/3742921814.html
$900 port st. john
http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/mcy/3748240501.html
$325 Daytona Beach
http://daytona.craigslist.org/rvs/3743944260.html
Old 04-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

If the guy is asking $800 I guarantee cash will get it cheaper. It does seem that they are going up but asking and getting are two different things. I can understand the cart above at $3800. Look at my build thread @ Another G1 Rebuild! in the lifted cart section. As you go page by page in my thread count the obvious dollars. More and better parts become available from the site sponsors and the builds get much more complex and more expensive, I have about $3000 invested in parts alone but it is now a new cart because of the sum of its parts. I don't know or care what the sale value of my cart is currently but I wouldn't sell it for $3800. I don't doubt because of the build trends that these carts will demand higher prices when complete. One more reason they call this an addiction! Don't despair, theres still a lot of bargains out there.
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #4
Just Ducky
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Don't get me wrong. I am not worried about the real prices, just the sanity of the sellers of the carts I posted.

I wish I could get down to Daytona Beach to pick up that '85 G1. I need the console and front bumper. The rest could be used as well. It's a pretty clean cart.
Just Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If the G1 is mostly complete, running and driving, and needs cosmetics, it's worth $1000 all day. If the cosmetics are nice, $1500-$1800. If it's a basket case, meaning not running, missing critical parts, bad rust, it's worth $300.

I bought mine with in non running, rough cosmetics for $250, and I had to invest at least $1000 to get it running and driving properly, not including lift tires etc.

If I was in the market I'd try to find a running, driving, ugly cart for $600-$1000 depending upon condition. This would be if I wanted to keep it. If I was trying to make money.....buy a G16 or better! Or a TXT Ezgo!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

My G16 was advertised at $3200, then dropped to $2800, then to $2300 - I ended up waiting the guy out til mid-winter and brought it home for $1200 ...

The old 2-stroke Yamis are still all over around here (SE Wisconsin) for a few hundred dollars - like the above post says, what they're ASKING is generally nowhere near what they're WORTH or what the seller will eventually TAKE once they've tested the waters, so to speak. Also, keep in mind that what You put INTO a cart is going to return to you in a mere percentage, prime example is the 87 EZGO I recently sold, I had over $1500 into lift, wheels, tires, seats, engine rebuild, clutch, bigger carb and exhaust, plus a ton of hours fabbing a 2002 cowl onto it, diamondplate, paint, etc - and it went for $1700. Had I actually paid for the $700-ish going rate for the cart itself I would have been screwed, luckily it was a quasi-donation so at least I was able to lateral out of it
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha