lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
frogger812
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default ezgo ? 2 stroke

Well I got that bearing out and the new one in. It wasn't to bad just hard to find the bearing.. I've be riding it all weekend, and it's awesome. I just wanted to ask if anyones cart does this - If I drive for a long time wide open, like down the road, when I let off the gas it keeps at that same speed for a long time before it finally stops. The clutch stays engaged and keeps the engine running........

thanks frogger
frogger812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo ? 2 stroke

My 89 does that too I just hit the brakes and it slows appropriately. I never have given it a second thought. I guess the 2 stokes just rev and spin pretty fast and take a while to spin down on their own.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #3
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

My 77 does the same. I don't think the compression ratio of these engines are very high. I usually don't let off the gas all the way when decelerating... I bring the throttle down little by little thus lowering the RPMs and allowing the clutches to shift down and slow you down. Less wear and tear on the brakes
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I agree MB with slowing gradually. I try to do that as often as I can. These 2 strokes act like a weedeater engine whose strings are missing, or an outboard motor whose prop pin just got sheared......they will take a while to wind down. I wonder what would be an efficient way to install a cooling fan to remove the excess heat buildup in the engine compartment? I saw a cart a while back that had a small electric radiator "racing" style fan mounted on the front kick panel. I think that guy had a motorcycle enigne in his cart. I ask because it seems after a long high speed run, my engine is pretty hot and loses a small bit of power due to high heat. I was thinking that if I could remove the excess, it might help a bit. I think a richer fuel/oil mix would help with cooling as well but I can't stand alot of smoke.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
frogger812
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thats cool, Thanks for the input. I'll put some pics up of my new ride
frogger812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
2001bluebird
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
I agree MB with slowing gradually. I try to do that as often as I can. These 2 strokes act like a weedeater engine whose strings are missing, or an outboard motor whose prop pin just got sheared......they will take a while to wind down. I wonder what would be an efficient way to install a cooling fan to remove the excess heat buildup in the engine compartment? I saw a cart a while back that had a small electric radiator "racing" style fan mounted on the front kick panel. I think that guy had a motorcycle enigne in his cart. I ask because it seems after a long high speed run, my engine is pretty hot and loses a small bit of power due to high heat. I was thinking that if I could remove the excess, it might help a bit. I think a richer fuel/oil mix would help with cooling as well but I can't stand alot of smoke.

I remove the rear access panel behind the seat to help remove some heat from under the seat. The only draw back is that all the engine heat ends up on me, makes a 90 degree day seem like a 110 degree day.
2001bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO