lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
wildbillw
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Full Speed Ahead

I've got a 1986 CC stock with the 5 solenoids. It now goes full throttle when you step on the accelerator. It (more often than not) sticks and I have to brake hard to stop the cart. Where do I start? I figure it's either in the micro-switches or in the solenoids.

Without starting a new thread, what would be needed to convert it to get rid of the solenoids altogether?
wildbillw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Full Speed Ahead

LOTS OF Money? No you need to change the following items
I assume you still have original speed controller under drivers seat BUT NOT ( V GLIDE ) black pie shaped unit between batterys under drivers seat?
Pedal micro switches speed control unit with MCOR or BETTER YET Curtis Pb-6, add solid state controller ( Alltrax my favorite 300-400 amp with fuse unit ), add precharge resistor and diode to existing solenoid, change out all 6 guage cables with later model 4 guage ( cables wired different so need for later model kit ), add micro to F&R control, small guage wiring accorted,
While your doing this could be the time to upgrade to 48 volts, but requires additional items beyond whats listed above---
2 more batterys, 48 volt charger, Different solenoid, and maybe some things I have forgotten??
NOW with your existing 36 volt motor and controls you wont know you have the same cart as it will seem like its a supercharged HOT ROD, with longer range between charges, longer battery life, AND JUST PLAIN FUN.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car