lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #51
speedgolfer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DIY - 4 x 12v to 6 x 8V Conversion (Part 1)

sweet ride
speedgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #52
shoalsgary
Not Yet Wild

I guess 8 sixes is out of the question, huh?
shoalsgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #53
Canine_Rescue_Pilot
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm not quite sure which turn this thread took.

I can't advise about conversions on other years or types... simply because I don't have any FIRST HAND experience with anything but my own. And I will not advise unless I've done it myself.

I am, however, still trucking along in the Honey Badger. We use it many times during the week and heavily on the weekends. I guess my only intention of posting my original story was to share that I had personally followed a story of another "member" that had success with this same cart / conversion; then replicated that conversion for myself. You can chalk mine up as another success.

Now more than a year later, I wouldn't change a thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN9321.jpg (89.2 KB, 0 views)
Canine_Rescue_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #54
bama_brannon
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2009 Precedent and I just did the 12V to 8V battery conversion. I was lucky in that my factory battery tub was the one for 8V batteries. Apparently, Club Car made cars with both 12V and 8V batteries that year and used the 8V tub for both. Anyway, the new batteries dropped right in. I bought new battery cables off ebay which I installed and away I went. Now that is an almost free conversion.
bama_brannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #55
Rock-N-Fire
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine_Rescue_Pilot View Post
I'm not quite sure which turn this thread took.

I can't advise about conversions on other years or types... simply because I don't have any FIRST HAND experience with anything but my own. And I will not advise unless I've done it myself.

I am, however, still trucking along in the Honey Badger. We use it many times during the week and heavily on the weekends. I guess my only intention of posting my original story was to share that I had personally followed a story of another "member" that had success with this same cart / conversion; then replicated that conversion for myself. You can chalk mine up as another success.

Now more than a year later, I wouldn't change a thing.
I have a 2007 Precedent that I'm looking to convert. I have read the wealth of info that you have put on here for doing the conversion but I have seemed to miss what year Precedent you have that you converted.
Also, I bought my cart used and don't know if any modifications have been made to the OBC to know if my cart is still running the Regen or not. I guess my question is how do I know for sure if I can do the conversion without the kit if I don't know if my cart has been modified? I don't have a vast knowledge of anything dealing with golf carts but my brother in law is an ASE certified master mechanic and thinks we can get it done. I am just looking to make sure I have everything in line before we jump into this coversion.
Rock-N-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #56
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Mine was 2008. All you are doing here is modifying the bucket so it will fit the batteries. It has noting to do with other conversions, they won't matter.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #57
Rock-N-Fire
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks for your help. So practically all I need is batteries and cables then make the cuts in the tub to make them fit? We can definitely pull that off. I can't wait to get it started.
Rock-N-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #58
brandon1574@hotmail.com
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm glad I found this I just got my grandfathers 2005 precedent and I'm going to do this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407810624.636685.jpg
brandon1574@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #59
XxDoubledxx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yeah great find for me as well ordered the upgraded 4 gauge wire kit from cartsunlimited today super excited
XxDoubledxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #60
ern88
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

So, can I go the other way. Change to 4x12 volt from 6x8 volt? I asked this because I can get the 12's cheaper then the 8's. Do I need to do anything charging wise? I have and 03 CC DS.
ern88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car