lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2017, 11:10 PM   #71
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: DIY - 4 x 12v to 6 x 8V Conversion (Part 1)

Got my conversion completed today.
I added a picture (second one below that shows exactly what needs to be cut out on the front of the battery bucket to do this.
I show the passenger side because I wanted everyone to see the main wiring harness that you really need to watch out for while cutting the bucket.
I also added a partial marine battery box to my installation. Probably not necessary, but I feel a little better knowing that I have a "bucket extension" holding the first and sixth battery in place.

I trimmed the battery box, then used a heat gun and bent the tabs to attach to the battery bucket with speed nuts and screws.
BTW, the batteries pictured are junk, they will be my cores when I get a new set in a couple of weeks.

Here is the nice clean bucket...unmolested

That's a big chunk out of the front of the bucket. Without the addition of my battery box "pocket, I suppose this opening could be about an inch and a half narrower. This also shows all of the cuts needed for this conversion. There are six cuts on the floor and the seventh cut is the front of the bucket.

Marine battery box form local Advance Auto.

Marine battery box cut in half (one half for each side)

Half battery box in place (drivers side). Got measurements and trimmed it up.

Battery box marked and piece of angle clamped to it. Used a heat gun to heat and bend to 90 degree angle. Both sides.

Tabs bent and ready to put into place.

In place. Will attach with speed nuts and screws this week.

Everything in place. Now to get my new batteries!!

Had to cut some of the bottom off of the stock hold down to cover the #1 and #6 batteries.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #72
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Okay I've got a 05 precedent and did this conversion and everything works including the charger but my only problem is is I couldn't get but 9 volts out of my light switch reading. The lights do fine until I mash the gas all the way down and then the lights go out. I have a aftermarket LED kit this a plug-and-play setup
sledgehammer800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:24 PM   #73
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I cannot recall the fix for this, but I do recall Sergio giving a member a solution with some diodes or something that fixed that just in the last week or two. If no one else responds soon, PM Sergio to look at your post.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:38 PM   #74
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thank you I will I'm in a very remote campground right now and services is very bad. dang it
Old 07-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #75
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Sounds like you are now trying to run lights off one battery 8 volt. You had 4 12 volt batteries and running them off one 12 volt battery was working. If this is true you need a 48-12 volt reducer.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #76
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I do plan on ordering one. But it being a plug and play. I'm not sure where it's grounded at. I know the positive is coming off last battery from a blue wire with a circuit breaker
Old 07-03-2017, 12:52 PM   #77
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If by "last battery" You mean the one with the pack negative cable, then You are just using 8v.

The accessories negative comes off Controller B- on a Club Car with a working OBC.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:40 PM   #78
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

it's actually hooked up to the positive side of last battery
Old 07-03-2017, 01:47 PM   #79
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

what two colors do I cut to make headlights work with a rreducer when I get it in . being shipped.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:45 AM   #80
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Okay I'm going to try and ask this ? again I'm not good with schematics so on a 05 model president's golf carts where does it get its positive and its negative from for the light kit harness look like it's all just plug and play unlike the ezgo I had.. I know that the positive comes from the blue wire that goes to the last battery but I'm not sure where to get the negative from I just got my voltage reducer in so I'm ready to wear it up. The reason I'm tagging on this post is because I did the same conversion. Please help if anyone can. I went to a local deal all they had was the newer precedent carts and it's cotroler is located in back and they pulled off a blk/w striped wire out of the wire lum
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car