lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2019, 10:49 PM   #11
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What kind of cargo bed is this?

It’s got to be homemade or we would’ve seen one in all the ads we look at…
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2019, 11:24 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

True. I looked at it a little closer tonight as I was working on my other one (that cart in particular is next to go under the knife...). And now that I think of it, I remember seeing another cart at the college when I picked this one up with the same bed on it. It's a technical college (hence the HORRIBLY UGLY neon green with maroon flames) paint job. Maybe it was a class project for welding or something?

Might have to take measurements or something, this is the nicest bed I've had on any of my carts. I like it better than the carryall even because it holds all my crap, but doesnt hold water or dirt.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #13
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

Did not see the picture with the neon green and maroon flames. Are you hiding that one somewhere?
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #14
Tyler_Veasey
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That kind of welding and smoothing is not that hard to do. I just built a couple of fire wood racks out of some mild steel tube using my little Harbor Freight buzzbox welder and it looks great for something a hack like me built. Definitely home built.
Tyler_Veasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:53 AM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swb713 View Post
Did not see the picture with the neon green and maroon flames. Are you hiding that one somewhere?
Hiding out of shame, yes

I did feel a little funny driving all the way home with that thing on my trailer. But it was back roads almost the entire way so not TOO many people saw it

I stole the roof and bed for my other DS. this one is in pieces now, and no longer neon green with flames I got the motor back in it last night and probably going to swap this body with the dark green bedlinered body that's on my other DS this weekend or next.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190921_140935.jpg (429.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190928_131008.jpg (594.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-17-2019, 12:28 PM   #16
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

[QUOTE=CP241;1661928]Hiding out of shame, yes

I did feel a little funny driving all the way home with that thing on my trailer. But it was back roads almost the entire way so not TOO many people saw it

YEAH .... I think I would have done the same thing.

I like green, and my ParCar I am working on is going to be MOPAR Green, but that Kermit The Frog Green and those Hideously Ugly Maroon/Gold flames have got to disappear.

Now WE know why you didn't show it.

Make it Pretty again ..... Please!
Old 10-17-2019, 02:52 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

[quote=swb713;1661935]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Hiding out of shame, yes

YEAH .... I think I would have done the same thing.

I like green, and my ParCar I am working on is going to be MOPAR Green, but that Kermit The Frog Green and those Hideously Ugly Maroon/Gold flames have got to disappear.

Now WE know why you didn't show it.

Make it Pretty again ..... Please!
It already is

I tried a black base coat with a blue/green flip pearl. Looked AWESOME when I painted it, but must have been the humidity or something, it got all milky overnight and looked terrible the next day. I don't know exactly what happened so I re-did it again. black base coat with a red metallic pearl, came out a burgundy/black cherry type of color when it was all done. I think it looks pretty sweet

Now though, bit of a dilemma. I'm not sure if I want to put that body on this cart, or swap bodies with my other DS that's already lifted. Put the green bedliner body on this, with a regular bed on the back and make it a yard cart. Put the nice body, paint the roof to match with the mesh bed on my lifted one. Body has to come off of that one anyway, make it a lot easier to do the suspension work I need to fix from the previous owner, and pull the motor to rebuild it. Runs great, i've driven it allllll over the place, crappy suspension and all. but it's burning some oil. Not enough to see smoke, but enough that I can smell it. That smell of burning oil is unmistakable. Better to do a quick rebuild on it now than wait until it gets worse and something happens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191010_225850.jpg (210.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191006_230740.jpg (342.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-17-2019, 03:11 PM   #18
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

Man ... two paint jobs ... that's a lot of work.
I agree, from the picture you've shared, it looks pretty cool.
Definitely a different color, but I dig it.

Good luck with the rebuild.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:28 PM   #19
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Funny that it’s cut out for the seat back supports. Most kits replace those.
It's a shame more kits don't keep the stock brackets if only because because the stock seat back brackets are a nice, laid-back angle for your back.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:22 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swb713 View Post
Man ... two paint jobs ... that's a lot of work.
I agree, from the picture you've shared, it looks pretty cool.
Definitely a different color, but I dig it.

Good luck with the rebuild.
Yeah, the blue didnt work. Unfortunately. Funny thing is I had some extra in the gun so I sprayed the front of my roll cart "just because" and that looks great. But I'm digging the burgundy color too, its unique and different, but subdued enough that when the time comes to sell it (can't keep 'em all unfortunately) it's not a screaming bright color that only a mother could love. But something subdued, nice, and tasteful.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car