lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2020, 04:54 PM   #1
CobraEatr
Not Yet Wild

Default Passenger Side Leaning Bad

2002 Club Car DS. I install a 6" Jake's double A-Arm lift kit one year ago. The cart drove great but it seemed to sway back and forth too much like the rear springs were shot. So six months ago I ordered rear HD springs from Amazon. When I installed them it definitely fixed the sloppy sway that the cart had. I don't remember if the cart leaned before I installed the lift kit because I didn't have it very long before I did the install.

Here are some measurements that I took from the ground to the bottom of the rocker panel/side trim piece:

Driver Front: 17.25", Pass Front: 15.75" (Front Difference: 1.5")
Driver Rear: 17.00", Pass Rear: 16.25" (Rear Difference: 0.75")

Before I created this post, I did a search and found two existing threads about this topic. The only difference between my situation and the two other posts were that their driver side was leaning and my lean is on the passenger side. In the first post I read, someone said the solution was to put HD springs in the rear. I've already done that. The second thread I found someone said the solution was to swap the front single spring 180 degrees and that should fix it. I have done that today and nothing has changed.

I don't know much about suspensions, but I've looked under the cart and nothing appears to be bent. I installed the lift myself, following the directions exactly, and I'm fairly positive that I did everything correctly. I don't remember it leaning like this immediately after I installed the lift. It's like this has happened gradually over time. The cart is a four-seater (back has the flip seat kit installed). Any thoughts on how I can solve this? It doesn't impair the driving of the cart, it's just a little annoying to me and it bothers me every time I look at it. The lean is very noticeable when looking at the cart. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CobraEatr; 01-17-2020 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: misspelled work
CobraEatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2020, 05:14 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Passenger Side Leaning Bad

IF the lift is installed correctly, and you are sure the springs are not weak, I would suspect a bent frame.

All of this is assuming all tires have the same air pressure.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:57 PM   #3
CobraEatr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
IF the lift is installed correctly, and you are sure the springs are not weak, I would suspect a bent frame.

All of this is assuming all tires have the same air pressure.
Well Moon, I owe you a beer. Turns out the my passenger side rear tire has a nail in it and was at 5 PSI. I filled the tire up to 20 PSI to match the other tires and now my cart leans to the passenger side only by 0.5" in the front, and 0.25" in the rear. So this fixed most of the lean. At least now it's not noticeable. THANK YOU! Wow, something so simple. That's why I love this message board. It didn't fix everything, but it's so much better now.
CobraEatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:36 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraEatr View Post
Well Moon, I owe you a beer. Turns out the my passenger side rear tire has a nail in it and was at 5 PSI. I filled the tire up to 20 PSI to match the other tires and now my cart leans to the passenger side only by 0.5" in the front, and 0.25" in the rear. So this fixed most of the lean. At least now it's not noticeable. THANK YOU! Wow, something so simple. That's why I love this message board. It didn't fix everything, but it's so much better now.
Good news!

Now if we could figure out how to send beer through the internet......
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lean, leaning to passenger side, sag, sagging
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car