lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
jwlyons
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 EZ-GO Clicking won't go

In checking things out removed cover on FWD/Reverse Box. In checking connections I crossed two of the larger wires on the back one goes to the soleniod and one to the motor I think and the cart moved. Retested by jumping a second time and it moved again. Checked and tightened all connections. But if I try move it forward or reverse just get clicking from the seloniod if I jump the two connections it moves. Any ideas on what may be causing this. Leaving it jumped is not a solutition want to find and repair the problem. Thanks in advance for any help.... Joe
jwlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 2001 EZ-GO Clicking won't go

Just because a solenoid clicks doesn't mean it's good. If you jumped the 2 large terminals and it moved then the solenoid is bad.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 AM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ummm not to second guess Roady, but were you jumping wires on the F&R or on the solenoid? From what I am reading it sounds like you were jumping the F&R and getting results, If so, then likely as not you have some burnt contacts on the F&R and will need either some new studs, a new cam, or possibly a complete new F&R. Pictures would help to determine the extent of the damage and I am sure Scotty can assit you with whatever parts you have a need for since he is a site sponsor.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
jwlyons
Not Yet Wild

I was jumping the F&R and getting results. If I dont't jump then just clicking from the selonoid. On one of the photo's I have blue tape on the leads that I jumped. See photo... Thanks Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3974.jpg (77.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3970.jpg (92.5 KB, 37 views)
Old 11-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
ummm not to second guess Roady, but were you jumping wires on the F&R or on the solenoid? From what I am reading it sounds like you were jumping the F&R and getting results, If so, then likely as not you have some burnt contacts on the F&R and will need either some new studs, a new cam, or possibly a complete new F&R. Pictures would help to determine the extent of the damage and I am sure Scotty can assit you with whatever parts you have a need for since he is a site sponsor.
No reason to second guess, thats why I said IF he jumped it because he wasn't clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwlyons View Post
I was jumping the F&R and getting results. If I dont't jump then just clicking from the selonoid. On one of the photo's I have blue tape on the leads that I jumped. See photo... Thanks Joe

One of your F/R terminals looks a little cooked . Try this: While pressing down on the pedal wiggle the F/R back and forth and see if it jumps. If it does then you need a F/R switch.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
jwlyons
Not Yet Wild

I pulled the switch and it had burn discoloration on one side - I got parts and rebuilt and reinstalled the switch. It seemed OK no smell and works fine in Forward but I get nothing in Reverse just the clicking from the solenoid. I also tried switching the micro switches to see if one bad - see if after switching them if problem would reverse and it would go in reverse and not forward - BUT no difference still will move forward but nothing but the clicking in reverse. Any help in resolving would be great.
Thanks Joe
Old 01-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think you still have some bad contact in the F&R.... In your pic the blue tape is on the terminal at 9 o'clock and 6 o'clock Jumping them connects motor terminal S1 with Controller terminal B+.... You say you have only F or R now. Try this test ~ swap cables at 9 and 3 ... do not jumper, just swap them. If you have Rev and not Forward now the F&R contacts are likely still at fault.

You can try tighten the nut (B) on the Center Pivot (X) nut a turn or 2 (max) to increase contact pressure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F&R Exploded for prints.jpg (75.8 KB, 24 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
jwlyons
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I think you still have some bad contact in the F&R.... In your pic the blue tape is on the terminal at 9 o'clock and 6 o'clock Jumping them connects motor terminal S1 with Controller terminal B+.... You say you have only F or R now. Try this test ~ swap cables at 9 and 3 ... do not jumper, just swap them. If you have Rev and not Forward now the F&R contacts are likely still at fault.

You can try tighten the nut (B) on the Center Pivot (X) nut a turn or 2 (max) to increase contact pressure.
Did it and just as you said have REV and not FWD. Will try tighten on nut B.
Thanks Joe
Old 01-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

let me know if you need a new HD F&R If you have replaced all the stationary lugs at 9,12,3,&6 o'clock then you may just need the hd Switch cam
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #10
jwlyons
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwlyons View Post
Did it and just as you said have REV and not FWD. Will try tighten on nut B.
Thanks Joe
Scotty - you are the man. Played with the B nut adjusting the tension and it is now working great............. Thanks for your help..... Joe
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO