lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
RDSUMNER
Not Yet Wild

Default Shade tree

My powerwise charger would'nt cut off so i replaced the control board, now it charges at 15 amps thru the complete charge cycle.
It cuts off when batteries are charged. I'm afraid this is going to damage my batteries.
Any suggestions welcomed.
RDSUMNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2015, 12:38 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Shade tree

Sounds right to me. But, It should taper down some at the end. Could it be that they have not been getting a full charge, now the charger will need a few cycles to balance the batteries at 100%.. That charger cant "force" too many amps into the batteries, it just "offers" them amps by charging at a higher voltage than the current pack voltage. If the batteries are coming up to a full charge (about 45v near the end of charge cycle), the amps should reduce. If the batteries are not coming up to that voltage near end of charge cycle, that would point to a battery problem.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #3
RDSUMNER
Not Yet Wild

I haven't checked the voltage at the end of the charge cycle but i did measure 37.3 volts after riding about 5 minutes. I will check for 45 volts after next charge.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:29 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSUMNER View Post
I haven't checked the voltage at the end of the charge cycle but i did measure 37.3 volts after riding about 5 minutes. I will check for 45 volts after next charge.

Not after charge.. During charge, just before charger shuts off.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:04 AM   #5
RDSUMNER
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. The batteries only measure 39.8 volts near the end of the charge cycle. Looks like batteries need replacing.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:18 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

How long do the batteries charge?

The ammeter going to 15A when the charge is initiated and not dropping down to about 7A or less, could mean the capacitor is out of tolerance, but more than likely means the on-charge pack voltage isn't getting above about 42V and the safety timer is terminating the charge after about 12 to 16 hours.

Since you are only getting about 39.8V towards the end of the charge, the latter probably applies.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO