lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #1
Jason gibson
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha g8 blowing 10 amp fuse, help please

Hi guys. I have a gas Yamaha g8 that keeps blowing the 10 amp fuse. It's really weird, the cart will run just fine. Then after it heats up it will blow the fuse. Replace fuse and blows right when I push the pedal. Then if it cools down won't blow fuse. Any ideas? It's driving me crazy, can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
Jason
Jason gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2016, 08:43 AM   #2
dlees
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha g8 blowing 10 amp fuse, help please

is it a negative or positive fuse? My G14 did the same thing, it ended up being my S/G but I would first check your solenoid and also be sure everything is grounded to the battery. I'm not sure if the wiring is the same as my G14 but its worth a shot. I went through this issue for a month and it drove me crazy lol
dlees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #3
Jason gibson
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply! It is a positive fuse. I have looked at all the wiring, no grounds to frame as far as I know. It supposedly just had the s/g replaced before I bought it. I wonder if the s/g gets allot of dust in it if that could do it. It is pretty dusty where we drive. I think I might try a new solenoid and see if that does anything.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Its not the solenoid.
Is it an aftermarket starter? those will tend to short and do some crazy stuff.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:16 PM   #5
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here's a simple thing to check, since you mentioned that it does it after it heats up. Look to see if any wires are coming into contact with hot parts of the engine. The heat will melt the insulation and the wire will short to ground.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:33 PM   #6
Jason gibson
Not Yet Wild

I will have to look at the starter again. I have looked at all the wires and they look good. Thanks allot for the ideas. I also unplugged the voltage regulator and still blows so I ruled that out.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #7
dlees
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason gibson View Post
Thanks for the reply! It is a positive fuse. I have looked at all the wiring, no grounds to frame as far as I know. It supposedly just had the s/g replaced before I bought it. I wonder if the s/g gets allot of dust in it if that could do it. It is pretty dusty where we drive. I think I might try a new solenoid and see if that does anything.

Yea I purchased a brand new SG and it shorted everything out and of course since it was new I skipped on testing it. So after many parts and labor I finally switched it with my old one and its ran perfect since. And ive read that the selenoid gets stuck open somehow and blows the fuses
dlees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:02 PM   #8
Jason gibson
Not Yet Wild

I think I might just get a cheap solenoid and replace the s/g. I hate throwing parts at it but I'm thinking it's one or the other. Thanks again
Old 05-30-2017, 09:19 AM   #9
nonobaddog
Not Yet Wild

how did you end up fixing it?
nonobaddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha