lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
jjastram
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Saved from the Chopping Block

I was an EZGO with a clone motor person until this thing came along and I couldn't bear to see it it cut up. According to the number on the motor, J31 15XXXX, it is a 1989. I have no idea if it is factory made or something someone put together. There is a Doug Harvey Suspension sticker on the back bumper that looks like it has been on it for a long time. Any information about this would be greatly appreciated. The guy I bought it from was going to use the motor and rear end to power a home made pontoon/barge thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg limo.jpg (88.6 KB, 0 views)
jjastram is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2017, 09:21 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Saved from the Chopping Block

Well the front and rear body sections are definitely a g1 but the seat you're sitting on with the pillars is a G2/G9 is the motor a two or four stroke g1 were the only two stoke Yamahas G2 was a 4 stroke
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:50 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

G1 with a G9 seat in the middle. Look at the frame see if someone lengthened it out and made a limo, its getting to be sort of common as you can't find them easily. Nice find, cart looks great. 1989 could be a G2 or G1 I think it was last year G1? G1 is two stroke, if it goes into reverse with the key then its a G1. If it has a gear shift its G2/9 they are about the same cart G9 newer and slight differences think G9 starts 91 and G2 previous.

J31 is a 1984 G1 engine, but hard to say if your engine and cart are matched since it looks like a custom build. G1 have a serial on the frame either near the rear mudflap behind tire some are on top of frame near top of rear shocks. They are painted sometimes and hard to find. G2/9 the serial is on a plate under the seat in the middle where the seat hinge is on floor.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:54 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Totally too cool to cut up! look on top tube between rear shocks or just forward of rear bumper for vehicle SN.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:47 AM   #5
jjastram
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is a 2 stroke motor and the key switches between forward and reverse. It runs pretty good considering the rubber intake between the carb and head is cracked so you have to play with the choke until it's warmed. I gave the guy $800, probably too much but my wife thought it was cute. I'll get some better pictures this weekend and post them.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:23 PM   #6
SKETSKI
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

That's a great find. How long is that cart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SKETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:01 PM   #7
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Crank seals are highly suspect in these I suggest installing new ones unless the previous owner has done it in the past year or two
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #8
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Nice cart....... get it running as good as you can and then start saving up money for the engine and rear end too put a BB in it when the 2 stroke gets tired. That's what I'd do anyway!
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #9
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjastram View Post
It is a 2 stroke motor and the key switches between forward and reverse. It runs pretty good considering the rubber intake between the carb and head is cracked so you have to play with the choke until it's warmed. I gave the guy $800, probably too much but my wife thought it was cute. I'll get some better pictures this weekend and post them.
If its running I don't think you got hurt at all. It looks good to me. Those old 2 stroke engines are pretty reliable. Replace the crank seals, clean the carb and that's about it. doe it still have the oil injector hooked up?

Clean/inspect all your cable ends from battery to starter/gen to solenoids. This is a big issue with the G1, well probably all older carts. I tried to disconnect all wires and spray them with contact cleaner let them dry them hit them with battery terminal protector. Test the charging system.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #10
jjastram
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKETSKI View Post
That's a great find. How long is that cart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The rear bumper was extended for a foot rest for the back seat. That put it just short of 11 feet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha