lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #1
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Voltage reducer with fuse box mounting locations for 08 txt PDS

Here we go again! I searched before posting as I didn't find what information I was looking for. I have an 08 TXT 36v PDS cart. I forgot when I made my first large bulk purchase of parts that I had ordered a voltage reducer that was on B.O. and it showed up today.

The wiring is pretty straight forward and simple. Reading the instructions of the reducer, it says to mount it to metal since it gets pretty warm.

The most obvious location to me is directly under the drivers side of the seat as their is a big open location. I will be mounting my converter along with a fuse panel. It doesn't look like it would be a great idea mounting the components directly to the floor pan as they could get wet/dirty.

I'm looking for ideas on how you guys mounted your setups in your carts.

The first thing that popped into my head was mounting them inside a .50cal metal ammo can with no lid so they get air flow to cool. I would then bolt it down to the floor pan of the cart.

I do have a welder and some fabrication tools.

Please post your ideas or installs so I don't over think this.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Waterfowlwidowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2018, 12:54 AM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Re: Voltage reducer with fuse box mounting locations for 08 txt PDS

I mounted mine to the drivers side wheel well where ezgo had the factory fuse block. I didn’t thoroughly read the directions, which say to put it on metal. Like you, I didn’t want it on the floor pan getting wet and dirty, so I put some spacers underneath it for air flow. It’s worked out well there. It might get too hot if you put it in a box.

A lot of guys have it on the floor there underneath the driver and I haven’t read about it being a problem.

My pic is a little close up, but you can see I easily fit the reducer, fuse block , and busbar in that space.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D310B95A-9D09-4B62-823A-72AE1FE285D1.jpg (107.1 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:25 AM   #3
MPrimeaux
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage reducer with fuse box mounting locations for 08 txt PDS

I might have messed up, but I ordered a small 20A ebay special and mounted it inside the cup holder compartment along with a terminal strip. Yours looks a lot bigger than the one I have. How many amps is that one rated for?
MPrimeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:16 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I mounted mine were you were thinking...and its worked fine for me for the last 6 years, no problems

Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:39 AM   #5
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I mounted mine were you were thinking...and its worked fine for me for the last 6 years, no problems

The converter I ordered has 3 accessory ports on each side that's why I'm worried about mounting it to the floor, and my fuse box the wires connect into the backside. So I would have to cut a hole in the bottom and my wires would be exposed to the bottom side of the cart.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Waterfowlwidowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #6
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK.. I am a bit confused. Does the bundle of wires (2 red, yellow and white) come out of the converter is that just an optical illusion?
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #7
Sideways
Gone Wild

I mounted mine in the same spot, putting the fuseblock on the inside of the rear wheel liner for easy access to the fuses.
I also put wooden spacers under the regulator for more air flow around the regulator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vred.jpg (186.4 KB, 0 views)
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:11 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegarex View Post
OK.. I am a bit confused. Does the bundle of wires (2 red, yellow and white) come out of the converter is that just an optical illusion?
yes that's an illusion, those are the wires from the things getting powered. the wire loom go around to the hole on the corner an exit to under the cart....if you look to the far left you can see the wire loom. the GRREN wire coming out of my converter is the PLUS side of the circuit.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #9
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrimeaux View Post
I might have messed up, but I ordered a small 20A ebay special and mounted it inside the cup holder compartment along with a terminal strip. Yours looks a lot bigger than the one I have. How many amps is that one rated for?
If you’re asking about mine, it’s 30 amps. I think where you put yours is a great spot, as long as it doesn’t get too warm in there. I’ve got a bunch of switches on my dash, so I’ve got a mess of relays and another busbar in that spot.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #10
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegarex View Post
It just looks that way. Nukes 2 red and one yellow are coming off of his fuse block, each with their own fuse. The green wire looks like it’s the 12v out of reducer supplying the fuse block. I’m not at my cart, but I think nuke and I have the same one. It’s not as bi as it looks in my photo.

Waterfowl, I’d be interested in seeing pics of your reducer and fuse block.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO