lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2018, 09:30 PM   #1
Bigmountainbigair
Not Yet Wild

Default Tire recommendation RXV 13

I’m looking for recommendations on a good on/off road tire/wheel setup. Nothing expensive, black wheels. I don’t want to lift it unless I have to-I’m going for a high top speed and I’ve read that running in the high 20’s/30’s often gets them squirrely unless you’re investing in a more expensive suspension setup. It looks like 20.5” tire size is close to max? Using it for farm type running and out on open 25mph road between locations so I need the speed.

Unfortunately I cannot post images yet. What site tends to have best pricing? I didn’t see anything I liked on the Ezgo site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bigmountainbigair is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2018, 10:25 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tire recommendation RXV 13

Here is a place to start: https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/2...terrain-tires/
If it were me I would call them to get recommendations. The standard wheels on golf carts are 8". You have a lot more choices with 10" wheels. 12 and 14" wheels are probably inappropriate for your stated use.
You can fit up to 21" tires without a lift. You will have to trim the plastic on the inside of the rear bumper. Not difficult.
If you are going to carry much weight on the back a spring upgrade is probably necessary. I have "2 stage" springs on mine. No problem with ~500 lbs back there even at speed (25mph) but my experience is on pavement with low profile tires.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:30 PM   #3
Bigmountainbigair
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Here is a place to start: https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/2...terrain-tires/
If it were me I would call them to get recommendations. The standard wheels on golf carts are 8". You have a lot more choices with 10" wheels. 12 and 14" wheels are probably inappropriate for your stated use.
You can fit up to 21" tires without a lift. You will have to trim the plastic on the inside of the rear bumper. Not difficult.
If you are going to carry much weight on the back a spring upgrade is probably necessary. I have "2 stage" springs on mine. No problem with ~500 lbs back there even at speed (25mph) but my experience is on pavement with low profile tires.

Thanks! I’ll need the spring upgrade for sure. Any recommendations between “2 stage” types?

Old 09-08-2018, 10:55 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Don't know what you mean by types. EZGO uses leaf springs in the rear. RXV has limited choices vs. other models. MY TXT has 4leaf springs with 2 and 3 leaf options. RXV has option of heavy duty leaf ( but still single leaf) or 2 stage which is basically standard spring with a helper.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:18 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks like this. Also called "dual action." Old technology but relatively new to golf carts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dual action spring.jpg (5.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-08-2018, 11:19 PM   #6
Bigmountainbigair
Not Yet Wild

Thank you [emoji1374]

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO