lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2018, 07:46 AM   #21
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 transmission lag

I know exactly what Ron is saying here because it is the same thing I would've said at first glance.

Although, we have no idea what the setup is on this cart (engine, clutch, cables, transaxle, etc...). I'm sure this is a completely different setup than a stock cart.

On stock Yamaha carts: G2's all the way up to G16's are notorious for shifter cables sticking, stretching, out of adjustment, or the springs getting gunked up with dirt, etc... Nothing two 10mm wrenches or even WD40 can't solve. And when these cables won't allow the transaxle to completely shift from forward to reverse and you hit the gas and rear clutch engages, you can hear the transaxle gears grinding and trying to mesh and ultimately you hear the shifter on front of the transaxle give way and a big clunk when it does go into gear.

Now, next.... And most important. We do not 'kick people off the site' for giving non abusive opinions or posting thoughts. I really really hope no one feels this way. We do appreciate courtesy and the willingness for everyone to work together, discuss things, and ultimately solve issues where everyone ends up gaining some insight.

Finally and personally!!!!...... I'm a die hard gas Yamaha person and no way I'm going to let the Ezslow or Club Clunker sections be superior to the Yamaha section. Yes, we force you to be overjoyed and happy if you own a Yamaha. Like it or lump it! All Yamaha owners are going to get along here and enjoy it!!!

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2018, 07:54 AM   #22
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 transmission lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post

I argued with the owner about subject I'm very well versed. The G2 is the simplest of the transmissions but it operates on the same rules as any multi speed constant mesh gearbox.
Let's clear some of this up.
- I an not the owner.
- I was not arguing.
- I am no expert.
- I have 15 + years working on G2/G9, just sharing what I know.
- You are not going to get kicked out (not for anything in this thread).
- rib is correct, you need to be a REAL A HOLE.
- I am finished here.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha