lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2020, 05:30 PM   #1
Goobahs
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 98 EZGO TXT 36v series ITS upgrade

Hello everyone,

Wanted to post my scenario and see if there are any thoughts. I have a 98 ezgo TXT series cart 36v with ITS throttle, lifted, 22" all terrain tires. I upgraded to a D&D motor (170-013-0001) for speed and torque, Alltrax SR 48500 controller, heavy duty solenoid, 2 AWG wire and heavy duty F&R switch all 36/48v compatible. I thought this would get me sufficient speed along with torque as our neighborhood has many hills. On flat land I'm getting about 15-16 MPH and 10 uphill. Not really satisfied with results. Was thinking of going to 48v but I'm skeptical on converting it and putting any more money into it than just get another cart such as a old RXV with AC drive which wouldn't have much issues with hills for about the same price point im at now. Only thing with I would have to change is the batteries to 6 8v, charging port and charger I believe but no guarantee on getting results I would like. Would really just like 20 MPH on flat and hopefully 15 on hills. I'm hoping its something i'm missing but from what I'm gathering is that the series cart is what it is but thought I would have much more performance than this. I plugged up the computer to monitor on the Alltrax and seems its almost limiting it or throttle isn't going to 100% even though pedal is almost always to the floor. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you

Edit: batteries are 6v 2GC-110 about 1 year old.
Goobahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2020, 06:17 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 EZGO TXT 36v series ITS upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobahs View Post
Hello everyone,

Wanted to post my scenario and see if there are any thoughts. I have a 98 ezgo TXT series cart 36v with ITS throttle, lifted, 22" all terrain tires. I upgraded to a D&D motor (170-013-0001) for speed and torque, Alltrax SR 48500 controller, heavy duty solenoid, 2 AWG wire and heavy duty F&R switch all 36/48v compatible. I thought this would get me sufficient speed along with torque as our neighborhood has many hills. On flat land I'm getting about 15-16 MPH and 10 uphill. Not really satisfied with results. Was thinking of going to 48v but I'm skeptical on converting it and putting any more money into it than just get another cart such as a old RXV with AC drive which wouldn't have much issues with hills for about the same price point im at now. Only thing with I would have to change is the batteries to 6 8v, charging port and charger I believe but no guarantee on getting results I would like. Would really just like 20 MPH on flat and hopefully 15 on hills. I'm hoping its something i'm missing but from what I'm gathering is that the series cart is what it is but thought I would have much more performance than this. I plugged up the computer to monitor on the Alltrax and seems its almost limiting it or throttle isn't going to 100% even though pedal is almost always to the floor. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you

Edit: batteries are 6v 2GC-110 about 1 year old.
You have done a good job of upgrading your cart this far, and made the proper choices as well. to make the jump to 48v is easy, as I have done exactly what you have …… stayed at 36v and made the jump to 48v later. but its easier than you described.

there are 2 ways to get there.....how old are your current 6v batteries? if they are fairly new, one solution would be just buy 2 more 6v batteries and put them in the bag well, and buy the cables to connect them to the pack. OR if your current 36v pack is ready to be replaced, or you just want you can go with 6-8v's either way works.

as far as the charging port goes, no need to change it, you can buy a 48v charger that has the same port configuration as what you have now. you can get one at cartsunlimited.net (they are one of our sponsors, you only need to select the type of plug you want on the charger)

the only other thing you need to do, which you didn't mention was you will need to change out the Resistor and diode on the solenoid, its only a few bucks and you can get those at the same time/place as your charger.

We can only assume you know, and that is by making the jump to 48v (which you will love) you will gain 33% more speed (up to 21 mph on flat) and Torque.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO