lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2021, 01:50 PM   #1
highnpressurized
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 YDREX3 PTV Advice

Hi Folks,

Yup, another rookie with questions. I did use both the forum and google search functions to answer as many as I could so don't be too hard on me. I'm looking for a new to me cart for airport use and right now the front runner is a '13 Yamaha YDREX3 PTV (Model from the data plate). What I've learned so far...

1. Likely has a TEAM axle, could be trouble.
2. Clicking noise while moving on my test drive...could need to tighten axle nuts, could just need a penny in the armature, lug nuts may need to be tightened, could be related to the TEAM axle issues?

It needs batteries, it has 6 x 8v Trojans from '14 and the cart tops out at 10 mph (I think 12 is normal without the speed code?) It's all stock as far as I can tell. No lift, no oversized tires and for my purposes it'll stay that way. It's been owned by a builder who used it to drive clients between model homes. Always stored inside but I doubt recommended lube and axle oil changes were done. In addition to running around the airport it'll be used to push/pull an airplane in and out of it's hangar so I'll need a receiver on the front.

Just looking for some thoughts/advice from current owners or experienced techs. I'm sure y'all get this all the time from people so regardless of what I end up with I'll circle back around and do my best to contribute as I learn more. Thanks!

Cheers,

Mark
highnpressurized is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2021, 09:58 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 YDREX3 PTV Advice

I have a 2010 and a 2012 YDRE. They are very nice carts. Should meet your needs. It will need batteries if they are from 2014. I assume they came with the cart if the cart is a 2013. No way it would have needed batteries in a year after being new.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:24 PM   #3
highnpressurized
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2013 YDREX3 PTV Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I have a 2010 and a 2012 YDRE. They are very nice carts. Should meet your needs. It will need batteries if they are from 2014. I assume they came with the cart if the cart is a 2013. No way it would have needed batteries in a year after being new.
Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

Mark
highnpressurized is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha