lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2021, 06:46 PM   #11
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 Robin, No Spark, New Twist

What color are the wires on the pulsar coil? Is it possible someone mounted a pulsar coil from a MCI machine? Holes won't like up, but easy enough to modify to work.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2021, 07:05 PM   #12
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
What color are the wires on the pulsar coil? Is it possible someone mounted a pulsar coil from a MCI machine? Holes won't like up, but easy enough to modify to work.
Red w white stripe, and black. I put it on new, no modifications.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 06:37 AM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I commented yesterday and then erased it for not being 100% sure.
I've had one issue in my wrenching lifetime where the flywheel didn't play nice with the pickup.
I swapped it out with one IDENTICAL and it ran, I got no clue.
I looked at two flywheels I have on the shelf last night and both have the little cut out area with nothing glued or mounted in the area.
Keep us posted on this head scratcher!!!
And try not to get frustrated....
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:12 AM   #14
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I posted what I had witnessed over the years when you get just that one spark. Ignitors always fixed that problem.

I didn't see where you posted what your pulser Ohms were. Should be 19 to 21 on the pre mci engine. Nowhere in the manual does it show checking AC voltage but we always do. If you did post those numbers I missed it.

I have had people here send me ignitors to check for them. I stick them on my running cart and see what happens. Thats the only way you know for sure yours in good . I got a jumper wire I made that makes this easy.

Maybe you can talk you buddy into installing yours on his. It won't hurt a thing but I do understand if he won't.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:59 AM   #15
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
I didn't see where you posted what your pulser Ohms were. Should be 19 to 21 on the pre mci engine. Nowhere in the manual does it show checking AC voltage but we always do. If you did post those numbers I missed it.
Of the two pulser coils I have one reads 21 ohms, the other 20 ohms. With motor spinning I can read .138 V AC signal. That's on the 200 AC scale and I'm not sure of the significance of that reading. I don't deal much with AC current except for testing the input side of a charger. Let me take a moment to say I browse this forum a lot for answers when I get stuck. Don't say much, but read much. I have a great respect for your knowledge of gas carts and you have bailed me out more times than you can know. I don't brush off your input lightly.
Old 05-27-2021, 09:59 AM   #16
Tommybh
Getting Wild

I don’t know much about how all that works but I can just tell you that I’ve read on here not this specific cart but if the low oil switch is faulty or plugged in it will kill spark .. could be wrong just something I read doing research on here
Tommybh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:58 AM   #17
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommybh View Post
I don’t know much about how all that works but I can just tell you that I’ve read on here not this specific cart but if the low oil switch is faulty or plugged in it will kill spark .. could be wrong just something I read doing research on here
You could be right on some models, but not an issue here. Oil pressure sending unit has long been unplugged.

Last edited by sthreatt; 05-27-2021 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: accuracy
Old 05-27-2021, 12:17 PM   #18
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Oh okay also read the rev limiter could be faulty also if plugged in and bad can kill spark sorry I’m no expert just trying to help
Tommybh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 02:28 PM   #19
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommybh View Post
Oh okay also read the rev limiter could be faulty also if plugged in and bad can kill spark sorry I’m no expert just trying to help
I hope that's not the problem. Unless I'm mistaken the rev limiter on this one is an internal function of the ignitor and I just sold two pints of blood and a kidney to buy one of those from EzGo.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:16 AM   #20
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As an update, I'm still working with this no fire Robin. In going back over everything with a fine tooth comb I came across a strange anomaly. Ever since I have installed the OEM ignitor, I have been getting one strong spark from the plugs when pedal is first pushed, consistent. In trying different clearance gap to try to get the pulser to read the flywheel hub, I moved it to it's highest possible setting within the approximately 1/32nd of an inch movement in the screw holes. I don't know now just what the gap is, but it's as wide as is allowed without cutting the pulser mount. I now have 2 or 3 sparks when I engage the pedal, then nothing. Still puzzling, but at least that's 200% better than one spark.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO