lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2021, 06:19 PM   #31
Acidrain
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 295 Robin, No Spark, New Twist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
I ground the frame clean, ground off the two small plastic pins from the module so it could sit flat on that tubular steel frame, and applied dielectric paste well in hopes that it will dissipate heat well. HOPEFULLY that will give me longevity. I'm plum tickled with the way its performing so far.
If you would have cleaned the grounds and re-wired it in the first place, you probably wouldn't of had to buy three different ignitors lol

The GM HEI will be fine.
Acidrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2021, 06:24 PM   #32
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidrain View Post
If you would have cleaned the grounds and re-wired it in the first place, you probably wouldn't of had to buy three different ignitors lol

The GM HEI will be fine.
Spent a month doing that. Grounds were as clean as a chromium bumper on a Buick. Replaced all ground cables, wiring, connectors, and ran redundant grounds just in the spirit of overkill.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:56 PM   #33
Acidrain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Spent a month doing that. Grounds were as clean as a chromium bumper on a Buick. Replaced all ground cables, wiring, connectors, and ran redundant grounds just in the spirit of overkill.
Super glad you figured it out... these carts can be frustrating, especially given the cost/rarity of some of the parts!
Acidrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:18 PM   #34
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well i'm having this one spark deal on this mid 90's now. Replaced Pulsar coil. ign. coil, and ignitor and the spark is a lot brighter but it is still just once. Cart turns over good but, is hard to stop. I have to bang on accelerator several times or turn off the ign. switch to get it to stop, and a lot of the time when it stops I get another spark. Sure could use some help.
oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:27 PM   #35
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncearacer52 View Post
Well i'm having this one spark deal on this mid 90's now. Replaced Pulsar coil. ign. coil, and ignitor and the spark is a lot brighter but it is still just once. Cart turns over good but, is hard to stop. I have to bang on accelerator several times or turn off the ign. switch to get it to stop, and a lot of the time when it stops I get another spark. Sure could use some help.
To begin with you need to fix that pedal switch problem. Your pedal switch is sticking in the closed position and keeping the solenoid engaged. Fix that and then you'll be exactly where I was at for a month. And you're right. Each time you let off the pedal and hit again, you'll get one spark, then no more.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:43 PM   #36
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

I fixed the micro switch on the accelerator. That is working fine now.I also did all the grounds and still no luck. What did you do a month ago? Did you ever get it fixed?
Old 06-17-2021, 08:33 PM   #37
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncearacer52 View Post
I fixed the micro switch on the accelerator. That is working fine now.I also did all the grounds and still no luck. What did you do a month ago? Did you ever get it fixed?
I never did figure out why it wouldn't run on an EzGo OEM ignitor that i paid premium bucks for, and that is now laying in a box on a shelf, but the cart is running great on a GM ignition module.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:26 AM   #38
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I never did figure out why it wouldn't run on an EzGo OEM ignitor that i paid premium bucks for, and that is now laying in a box on a shelf, but the cart is running great on a GM ignition module.
sthreatt, you should take some photos, post links to the exact gm HEI module you used with clear pictures or wiring diagram on how you got it to work. Given the cost of the OEM ignitors, it would by "Sticky" material if it works consistently. There are lots of folks with dead carts with no spark not wanting to pay the premium for OEM ignitors, or they can't find them. Good for you on getting the HEI to work.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:38 AM   #39
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

I got it! I wire brushed (on a grinder) the inside of the flywheel contact point until it was 100% clean and then pulled down on the pulsar coil and tightened. I put flywheel back on and now it runs like new.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:19 AM   #40
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
sthreatt, you should take some photos, post links to the exact gm HEI module you used with clear pictures or wiring diagram on how you got it to work. Given the cost of the OEM ignitors, it would by "Sticky" material if it works consistently. There are lots of folks with dead carts with no spark not wanting to pay the premium for OEM ignitors, or they can't find them. Good for you on getting the HEI to work.
Can't take photos, ( other than the one I posted here of the mounting position ) ... The cart has already gone back to it's owner. He is very happy with the outcome and says as far as pedal response and pulling power it's running better than it has since he's had it. I can't attribute all that to ignition because after I got it to firing I had to go through the carburetion and throttle linkage adjustment. I gave a description of the module that I bought and how it needs to be mounted to manage heat dissipation. I think heat dissipation is a KEY FACTOR in getting this to be successful. All of the information that I accessed to get this done I found on this forum, although I did have to make one variation on the wiring. Had to cross the red/wht wire and black from the pulser coil to get it to run. I'll see if I can still dig up the wiring diagram that i used, I may have it saved to file, but it's posted on this site somewhere. All you need is the GM module. ( Autozone is the cheapest source, about $28, but they were out of stock when I bought and Oreilly's had one on hand for about $32. Advance Parts also had it in stock, but had it priced at about $58. ) The module plays well with the EzGo OEM ignition coil and pulsar coil. Wiring is simple. Owner is pleased and that makes me pleased. I'll be keeping in touch with him for future performance and longevity of the conversion.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO