lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2021, 09:19 AM   #1
newman0912
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Why remove oil injection?

Hi. 1985 Marathon gas.
Just wondering. I read a lot of posts about removing the oil injection system and premixing gas/oil.
Is there a reason to do this if the injection system is working?

Thanks.
newman0912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2021, 10:05 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Why remove oil injection?

I remove them from anything I’ve owned because I don’t trust it. They work, until they don’t. And the only way that you find out it “don’t” when the engine seizes up because it stopped working.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #3
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

above .... Plus;

1) It's more unnecessary moving parts

2) Not IF but when your fuel pump blows the bottom diaphragm it'll suck raw unmixed fuel into the crankcase, it'll probably still run but flooded with a really lean mixture.

When the fuel pump blows the bottom diaphragm with premixing it'll still suck fuel into the crankcase but it'll be premixed so no lean condition, just flooding.

3) Personally, I don't believe the oil injection system is spot-on accurate 100% of the time. Imagine going fast then coming to a stop, you let off the throttle pedal and coast for 3-5 seconds. During that coast the oil pump is closed so no oil pumping although the engine is still spinning at high rpm's....

Flooring it taking off from a stop or going up a big hill, the pump is wide open but the engine rpm isn't up yet. Too much oil......

With premixing it's 100% spot-on accurate in all throttle positions and rpm's
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:26 AM   #4
Fireman86
Not Yet Wild

What is the best fuel mixture to use?
Fireman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:24 AM   #5
NYOZ
Getting Wild

Recommended is 128:1(5 once to 5 gallons) . I run mine for long runs , so I mix at 106:1 (6oz to 5 gallons).
NYOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:27 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If you mix your own fuel/oil, don't let it sit for too long or the oil will settle to the bottom. Some say it mixes itself once you drive it, but I always give them a little shake before I drive/use. My 2 cycle gas cans will have darker fuel/oil toward the bottom after 2 weeks of sitting. A quick couple shakes seems to mix it up well enough. If you use your cart often, most likely don't need to worry.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO