lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
hearambulo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Golf Cart Battery Question

I have a ezgo 1987 golf cart 36 volt I have 5 good batteries and I added a 6th one that is a regular tractor battery 12 volt with makes it now a 48 volt this batery is not a trojan battery or is not for a golf cart . does anyone see any problems with this at all Ive been running it like this all day and doesnt seem to have probelms and its a hell of a fast ride .....:
hearambulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

Default Re: Golf Cart Battery Question

I am no expert, but I would say it will end up bringing your whole pack down and one battery will end up costing you 5 more batteries. Would you put gas in your diesel tractor ? Kind of the same thing in my opinion...
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

What you have is a 42 volt pack and a 36v charger. The fun will be very short duration, and the pack will never charge correctly.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

I agree, one bad battery will kill your otherones slowly! Just like a chain,its only as strong as the weakest link! Plus the wek battery will get probally 95 percent of the charge and the good ones will ony get the other 5. Find a local golf course or dealer that will sell used batteries. You can prob pick up u decent used one for under 50 bucks! I got 6 used batteries from a crown floor scrubber for $125 no nmes in them. Come to find out crown floor scrubbers use trojan batterys as there supplier, but have the cases made in all black. So needless to say i got 6 good trojan batteries for 125 bucks!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO