lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2008, 12:00 PM   #11
grwthegreat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: problem with starting a 91 clubcar

well... its may 17th, and the club car is working the best it has ever run. starts right up and runs like a champ....it was the exciter behind the flywheel. wasnt too hard to replace either. but i had to make my own flywheel puller. that wasnt too hard to do with a scrap piece of 1/4" stock steel and 3 threaded bolts. thanks for all the help there guys. much appreciation.
grwthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #12
reast
Not Yet Wild

I am fighting with the same kind of problem. I am the guy that has the 87 club car with no fire. Did the exact same thing as yours. Mine dose not have a rev. limiter on it but dose use the same exiter coil on it as yours. I, like you have purchase new coils as well. I think I purchased a bad exciter coil and are in the process of getting yet another one. I may have to borrow your tractor if this dose not work.

How long did it take for you to figure out the left hand threads on the flywheel nut? That was a SOB for me. First cart I ever owned.

Rick
reast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:29 PM   #13
grwthegreat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

well, ive messed with flywhells before, so i knew about the counter rotstion. making the part to pull the flywhell was a different story. but it helps to own a cnc plasma cutter machine hehe.
ya, i replaced everything and checked all miniature switches with ohm tester. and replaced them anyways. it started up immediately after i replaced the exciter behind the flywheel. so i was sure that was it. i also pressure washed the engine after all was said and doine. that made working on it alot nicer. i finally received a manual on the engine from ebay. too late but nice to have anyways. good luck with yours
Old 05-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #14
dvxman72
Not Yet Wild

Hey Guys
I have been reading this thread and it sounds like my 92 club car ds might have the same issue. It would run then there would be no spark. Where is a good place to look online for an exciter coil?
dvxman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:37 AM   #15
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool Re: problem with starting a 91 clubcar

grwthegreat, looks like you have a market for your puller!
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:45 PM   #16
grwthegreat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i got mine at www.cartpartsplus.com, as i happen to find them selling it under a google search. not sure if they have anymore. This site here did not have any at the time i needed it. they might now. other than that im not sure. mine was a 1991 kf82 engine, so i did a search on the exciter coil for it, and lucked out. it only cost 30.00. took about 1 hr to install.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #17
dvxman72
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.
dvxman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #18
Smoke
Not Yet Wild

I also have a 91 Club Car. I took my cart on a weekend up North. Seamed to be working fine when I first got there, though maybe a little short on power. I assumed this was becasue In had added lift kit and 22inch tires over winter. As day went on I seamed to be lossing more power, then it just quit as we were riding along. We did some investigation on the trail, found we had not spart at plug and sent other vehicle after truck. We did check to make sure wires were connected, even had iginition coil off. I was thinking I needed new ignition coil now I am not sure. Sound like maybe exciter behind flywheel may be my problem.

Any insite into this before I purchase Ignition coil or exciter.
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:40 AM   #19
reast
Not Yet Wild

THEIR IS A PLUG ON THE EXCITER COIL (BEHIND fLYWHEEL) THAT HAS 3 WIRES IN IT. TEST # 1 TAKE AN ohm READING BETWEEN THE RED AND BROWN WIRES. SHOULD BE AROUND 390 AND 400 OHMS. WITH THE ENGINE SPINNING OVER, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO READ ABOUT 80-90 VOLTS AC.

TEST # 2 THE WHITE WIRE OR THE PULSER WIRE, SHOULD READ ABOUT 60-70 OHMS TO GROUND.

THESE ARE READINGS THAT I TOOK FROM A COIL THAT WORKS. I DID NOT TAKE ANY READINGS FROM THE IGNITION COIL.

I BOUGHT MY COIL FROM LVS SALES. THEY WERE OUT OF STOCK ON THEM LAST WEEK. THEY OWE ME A NEW COIL AND I WILL NEED TO GET IN CONTACT WITH THEM THIS WEEK.

RICK
reast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:03 PM   #20
Smoke
Not Yet Wild

Replaced Exciter Coil, I now have spark but engine still will not run. Turns over but will not fire, took off bowl, has gas. Not sure whre to go from here. I am mechanically capable, but not a lot of experience working with small engines, nee help to know what to try next.
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car