lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
brycer
Not Yet Wild

Default g16 starter rotation

hello all, I am a newbie and searched all i could but could not find what im looking for. I had the s/g go bad on my 2000 cart. I bought a replacement and hooked it up eactly how the old one came off but this new one has opposite rotation as the old one. Do i need to switch brushes around or can the wires just be changed? Thanks
brycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: g16 starter rotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycer View Post
hello all, I am a newbie and searched all i could but could not find what im looking for. I had the s/g go bad on my 2000 cart. I bought a replacement and hooked it up eactly how the old one came off but this new one has opposite rotation as the old one. Do i need to switch brushes around or can the wires just be changed? Thanks
Maybe the jumper lead is on wrong? positive 12 volts (from solenoid) should go to F2 (on the feild), negative 12 volts (from battery) should go to A1 (on brush ind cap) and there should be a jumper wire from A2 to F1 studs.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

here we go again huh block
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
brycer
Not Yet Wild

thanks smallblock and thanks for nothing lonewolf. I make one post and did a search but didnt find what I was looking for. Cant even ask questions on message boards anymore to many know it alls.
brycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

Sorry you took it that way Brycer. The comment was meant for Block. I did the same thing when I rebuiilt my cart. I didnt notice the starter turning backwards until I tried to fire the motor and the whole thing was running backwards. You need to not take stuff so serious geez I swear some peoples children
Old 05-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Dont worry Cajun this happens to most G8 owners. I did the same thing on one of my builds. Thank god i had another cart to look at and realize my mistake. Bryser caj wasnt directing anything towards you. There are a few of us that spend alot of time on here trying to help people out and nothing was ment towards you. You will have to excuse Cajun he owns a G8.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

P.S. Brycer WELCOME
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

LOL thanks G9 I appreciate it. I forget with the newbies you cant have fun around them. I will go back to the clubs thread now
Old 05-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

OK this was CNP from the post I started with the same problem this is how it should be wired and I'm done here:

Mike Mac:
Like block said; red jumper from F1 to A2. A2 is on alum. end plate. F1 I am guessing is between starter and motor. Cause this is where mine is.

Negative batt cable goes to A1 on aluminum end plate.

Solenoid lead to F2 on leading SIDE of case. Front side of car.

Huh!... Guess the ole man does know what he's talkin about!!

Good luck
Old 10-24-2018, 11:28 AM   #10
dstardana
Not Yet Wild

I too had the same problem when I replaced the starter/generator on my G22. Thanks for the info Mike Mac and Small block on where the wires on the starter/generator, this solved my problem. The starter I purchased came with the wires in the wrong order so again thanks guys.
dstardana is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha