lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
chris9703
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2008 Yamaha, what model?

Hi all, first post. My EZ Go burned to the ground last week, and I'm looking at a 2008 Yamaha cart. It's a standard looking cart with lights, rear seat kit and standard looking roof. Can anyone help me determine what model it is? I see posts about G2, G9, etc. I don't yet know what that means, but I do want to do the governor mod, as it's way too slow for my taste. I've read about the governor mod, but am curious as to what model I am looking at, and there are any shortcomings with it. I drove my neighbor's 2009 Yamaha, which looks exactly like the one I'm interested in and like it fine except for the slow speed, and the engine cutting off at what seems like half throttle. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance!
chris9703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 Yamaha, what model?

Pictures would help and you can also look at this thread for starters to help identify what you have and also look for the serial number on the frame of the cart.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...time-line.html
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
chris9703
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok, I'll check it tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
crash test dummy

try this link to find model number

link ---> http://www.golfcartking.com/yamaha-s...mber-s/595.htm
Old 06-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
chris9703
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok, I bought the cart, or rather I stole it. Got a screamin' deal. Takes some of the sting out of my E Z Go burning to the ground last week. The year of mfg is 2009, model is YDRAPTV, and the serial number is: JWL-100396. It runs good, just too slow, but that can easily be changed thanks to all the great info here. Again, thanks for your help!
Old 06-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Most likely a yamaha drive
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

you have a 2010 model gas Drive (aka G29A) with factory installed lights. the factory lights is nice, because it likely did not start life on a golf course where it would be beaten mercilessly. take the rear cover off, and find the governor arm (where the smaller "throttle" cable) attaches. you will find a threaded rod with a 10mm nut, tighten the nut all the way. this will get you 17-19 mph top speed. see my other posts about Drive speed-up to see pictures.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
chris9703
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks, cgtech! I looked at your pics, pretty similar to the governor mod I did on my E Z Go. I was also wondering if there is an adjustment so the engine doesn't shut off so soon when you release the throttle. Is a key start a way to go to get it to idle, or is there a way to adjust the throttle so it keeps the engine running at a lower opening? Thanks again, am looking forward to having some fun with this cart.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

these things were not intended to idle. but i think that your throttle cables may be way out of adjustment. flip the seat up and press the throttle just enough to cause the engine to crank, then press just a little more, the throttle on the carb should start to open. if not ,there is a bracket just below the starter generator that has your throttle cable adjustment. be sure to jack the rear of the cart up, so you dont hurt yourself.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #10
chris9703
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok, thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha