lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2020, 11:06 PM   #11
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: tempo fuel gauge on g14

I did the same tempo sender. Used perm ultra grey to seal, which has worked well...so far.
This is an old pic from when the body was being shoehorned over the running parts. I like my gas guage. Actually have full instruments. Gas, oil, temp, volts. Overkill is cool. [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2020, 05:54 AM   #12
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Nice Work The Tempo or Seachoice Which seems to what the brand of the sender is now called works well with the way it is adjustable to fit the cart tanks nicely. Point 2 is the gauge itself is designed for marine use so it doesn't corrode being outside in a saline atmosphere.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:20 AM   #13
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

I figured it read E due to the power being off

I am the same way, I try to never run mine below about a 1/4 tank, I do the same with my truck, but for different reasons.

I tend to burn through 4 or so gallons per week with my cart, I would be interested to see how that compares to others who only use their carts for recreation like me. Sometimes when I go out riding with my friend on a weekend evening, I will start the GPS mileage tracker I use for work. Our best nights so far have been a 43 mile journey and second place was a 38 mile journey. Most of that driving is off-road too!
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:26 AM   #14
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I figure I get around 40 mpg with my present engine set up. With the more stock clone based early VC 460 I was getting more like 60 mpg. All that extra HP with the heavier engine mods certainly burns more fuel. Worth It
Old 01-19-2020, 06:10 PM   #15
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

My stock engine is burning oil, not visible smoke yet, but its using oil.

I want a Plowman's re-build but for the price, a little bit more money for a drop in V-twin kit is pretty offing tempting.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:56 AM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Regardless of any opinions, I never heard anyone say "I sure wish I didnt have this v-twin". But, dont buy the harbor freight one, then ask "where do I get the 'rev kit & hop-up parts for my HF v-twin?'". The cheapo 1cylinder trades with honda parts, but Not the v-twin.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:59 AM   #17
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Perfotmance 670 has some nice parts for the HF Vtwin. If I was going to use a Vtwin that would probably the one I would use.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:04 AM   #18
Stewbuntu
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I do a lot of boats, look at Reed fuel senders vs the arms. The Reed type are flawless and many local boat shops have various sizes for $50, Amazon was $100 last I looked - not sure why. Get the length as close to the bottom as you can. They usually come in 1/2" lengths, any left between the bottom of the tank and the sender is your reserve so you would have a little more than empty. The donut floats up and down giving you the reading vs a a float on an arm that sees a lot of torque and can go bad easily but not as bad as a boats' side to side motion. They are all universal and fit the same 5 bolt pattern. Get the gasket at a shop or Amazon also and it won't leak.

Looks like prices have come down a little to $54
KUS USA SSS Fuel & Water Level Sensor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y831RM0..._E4POEbHMPT9CC

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Stewbuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:41 AM   #19
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Hey Ray, yeah I have seen that website, looks like the HF 670 is stacking up to be a good option. I would be curious about valve train noise vs. the Vanguard. I know the real deal Honda GX390 has A LOT less valve train noise than a clone does. For my personal preference I would rather spend the extra on a real Honda so that I didn't have a noisy valve train.

Due to COVID19 hitting I decided to keep as much cash on hand as possible (my wife and I are both blessed to still be employed but one never knows what tomorrow may bring). I picked up an OEM rebuild kit with rings, seals, and gaskets. Knocked out my rebuild in ~24hrs if you count the time I was asleep the one night. Probably spent 14 or so hours actually rebuilding and a lot of that time was cleaning stuff and just going slow because it was my first small engine rebuild.

I am by no means done with my cart, but at least for now I can cruise during quarantine without burning oil and having to add a few oz every day or twice a day depending on how much I drive. When I first posted in this thread I said it wasn't smoking and it wasn't then. It did however start to smoke a little which rapidly turned into a lot. It still ran perfect, but the smoke was unacceptable to me. Even though I knew nothing was being damaged and I checked the oil religiously, I am the sort of person who just couldn't ignore the smoke. It always bugged me and was always nagging me in the back of my mind. I am much happier now! Its been about a month since I rebuilt the engine and apart from the first fill up with oil and the first oil change 10 hours later I have not had to pour a drop of oil into the cart!
Old 04-24-2020, 09:38 AM   #20
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Our stories start the same. I bought a smoking G 14 and did a minimal rebuild with rings and rod bearings. I drove that set up from 2008 to 2014 when at the end of the 2014 season it started putting out puffs of smoke.During those years I did secondary springs,rejetted carb, high flow air filter, and better exhaust system. All those things made a difference. Net result was 25 mph @ 4500 rpms. But acceleration was so so getting there. In 2014 I bought out a may produced VC 460 kit the original buyer's health precluded him doing the work.The 2014 unit had a stock clone cam and cast connecting rod.BUT after break in the net result was 41.2 mph at a self imposed red line of 5200 rpms. My cart is used in a totally residential area. The point here being that driving in traffic with a modded stocker versus the VC 460 are two completely different worlds. We have a couple of guys just starting builds. One Duromax 440 and One VC 460. Let see how they do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha