lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2015, 09:44 AM   #1
rcairney
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 92 ezgo gxi-804

Not really sure about what I'm doing... I was given an old EZGO that was sitting around a farm shop. The cart worked a year ago, but wont start up. I replaced the battery and dint get anything. Im thinking my next guess would be the starter, but I haven't checked to see if there is even any juice going to it. Anyone have any history with this cart? Im not even sure what engine is in it. I have read that there was a 2 and 4 stroke in this year... I'm not a small engine guy at all so I don't have a clue what it is and the internet hasn't helped at all. I believe it is a 4-stroke, just because I have done enough research to have a good idea, but again im not sure. I am also looking at the fuel pump, but it looks like someone replaced it with a pump from a 2000's model rather than the one my search is coming up with. Does that matter?
This probably seems scattered, but that is what the internet has done to me... no answers, just more questions.
rcairney is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2015, 09:41 PM   #2
Speedshipp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 92 ezgo gxi-804

Hope this helps . If it has one plug it is a 2 stroke, 2 plugs four stroke. Any way will the engine crank over? If no then look for corrosion on battery terminals, solenoid, foot pedal. Check for voltage to starter. Got voltage,(12 volts) good give it a small tap with a hammer, brushes could be stuck. If the engine is cranking over and won't fire check these. Remember you need air, fuel, heat for any engine to run. Pull spark plug hook back up to wire and look for spark, no spark get new plug, spark great. Do you have gas on the spark plug? No blow in gas tank to fill carb with gas. You could also pour a little gas into plug holes. It should fire now. If not check compression should be about 110 psi and up. Lower than 110 not enough compression. Make sure air intake is not plugged off by mouse nest etc. Also make sure engine turns over by hand, place hands on clutch and make sure engine turns over and is not seized up or hydro locked from snow rain rust. GOOD LUCK sounds like a fun project.
Speedshipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #3
rcairney
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the response. So far I have replaced plugs, pump, and battery terminals. Had it turning for a second, then stopped and now I can't get it going again. It never turned over AKA no compression. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? 4 stroke 295cc. It may be on the site and there is a good chance I'll get blasted.... I know how it works, I'm a regular on duramaxdiesels and those guys are relentless. Still would love some help either way.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:03 PM   #4
rcairney
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I found the4 cycle 93 marathon schematics on the tech thread. Would this be the same as my 92 gxi-804?
Old 02-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #5
rcairney
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I have figured out that there is no flow of gas. I have changed out the pump, but nothing is happening. I'm looking at the fuel filter and it's dry as a bone. Any thoughts?
Old 02-16-2016, 09:10 PM   #6
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Check the pulse line and the other lines from the tank to the pump and the pump to the carb and check for deterioration.. Oil in the pulse line from the motor is common... From there, make sure the pickup in the tank doesn't have any cracks in it to draw air from.. Lastly, remove the line from the pump and depress the pedal to see if it starts to pulse a steady stream of fuel.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:30 PM   #7
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

look up info for a GXT-804.

I have one but cant help really. i got it with a seized engine, and replaced it with a Yanmar Diesel. mine is a 94 model
Slamminsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #8
rcairney
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Getting fuel now. I replaced the pump again, replaced all lines, checked vacuum and everything is working right. It's getting closer but still not turning over. I can see fuel in the filter but nothing is going. Does this sound like a carb problem?
Old 02-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #9
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

If your getting a steady stream of fuel from the pump to the carb and the engine isn't starting then yes, you possibly have a carb problem... You can remove the breather and spray the carb with brakleen while you press the pedal.. If it fires up by manually feeding it then yes a carb problem is present... if it doesn't fire up then you are not firing more than likely.... If it's been sitting for awhile, you definitely need to clean the carb just for maintenance and also make sure you have fresh fuel...
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:30 PM   #10
rcairney
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Not firing with brake cleaner. Could it still be a carb issue or is it more likely coil?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO